5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt free diaries
888 replies 116.6K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thankyou JoeDenise, yep, its taken a while but finally got there :)
    Mortgage Total: £60,781 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £663 Matched Betting profits £452.87
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    81.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good  :)  
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning all, its not looking quite so sunny here yet today, I need to go to Mums today and do her housework, then I'm having my nails done later. This is a treat I could cut out but as a life long nail-biter I have found that having them done (gel) every 3 weeks means I haven't been tempted to bite them at all since December. It is a bit of me time and makes me feel better when I look at them, so I will try to keep it in the budget for as long as I can. Also I like to help the girl who does it who runs her own little business.

Other than that my new Monza card arrived today so I have transferred across the amount of money I had left for the month and hopefully it will be easier to keep a close eye this way when its not mixed up with my other direct debits etc.

Off to make my porridge and have my supplements, I need to check what else I need to get done before we go back to school on Monday too.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Today I was meant to have two trees taken down but it has now been re-arranged for next weekend. I've had quite a lazy day again. I have just loaded the car up ready to do a car boot tomorrow. I'm not really feeling it however if I don't do it the stuff will just sit in the garage for evermore. I know there is very little in the way of £££s there but I just want to clear some of it and as long as I make my entrance fee back then anything else is a bonus. If I'm honest its all junk but I would feel so bad taking the whole lot to the tip, so if I can shift some of it to people that might use any of it then that's great. Most of it will be 50p an item. I just need to sort out a bag of change and some snacks.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Car boot sale done - after the entrance fee I came home with £23 profit, not huge amount but £23 towards the gas/electric pot and quite a chunk of stuff rehomed rather than chucked into landfill. I'm putting the rest back in the garage and will take some to the charity shop and some to the tip next week. 

I am tired now as it was an early start so I may have a little nap on the sofa this afternoon.  I've just ordered a Toby carvery as I'm hungry (managed to avoid the burger van) and I don't want to eat junk all afternoon. Roast dinner and an afternoon on the sofa, bring it on :)
  • Four_SeasonsFour_Seasons Forumite
    564 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    Forumite
    A good mornings work, enjoy your meal and nap x
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I haven't had a nap and am now getting really sleepy. I don't want to nap now as its too late and I won't sleep tonight if I do so I need to mooch on here while watching the football. The roast dinner was yummy :) 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I've managed to stay awake all day :) I've had a nice bath which is a very rare treat now with the gas prices, but my back was aching from standing around this morning, and I really enjoyed the bath so worth it I reckon. This afternoon I had a surprise message from the original hottie which was nice and lifted my mood. 

So, tomorrow is back to work day. I have got my mug and porridge etc ready, clothes are out ready for the morning and I'm looking forward to a good sleep tonight which will be good as usually I don't sleep well at the end of the holidays as my mind is trying to get back up to speed with whatever was going on two weeks ago. It's been a funny holidays really, it started off very nicely with the visit from the original hottie, then an incredibly low week, but this week having started the various supplements I can definitely feel my mood is improving. I seem to have found some motivation again thank goodness and the gut friendly bacteria tablets are massively helping my sugar cravings, today is day 2 or 3 (can't remember) without sugar and it has such a positive effect on my mood I wish I could crack it permanently. 

Tomorrow I have my smear test to look forward to after work  :# Not a joy but must be done. Other than that tomorrow is the day I get back to the walking, I have sat on my rapidly expanding rear far too much recently. The weather is improving so there is no excuse. My fitbit is on charge currently and I have ordered a new pair of trainers as mins are literally falling apart, I do get plenty of wear out of them so it is a necessary expense and hopefully will be able to come out of this months money.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning, well that has been a funny week ... work was bonkers, glad to have a long weekend ahead (we're off Tuesday too). My trainers arrived and they're fine, nice and comfy and good for walking. I did a long walk last night with a mate down the beach, I slept well afterwards. 

In other news I got my period this week (again!), two weeks early. But this time my mood has been fine, the tablets are definitely helping, so I haven't started the hrt yet as I seem to be doing well without them. 

Today is the last day of the month so a big banking round-up planned and moving money ready for the month ahead. I also want to look at the energy usage for April and see how that's doing. I'm supposed to be having the two trees chopped down today, as long as they've finished their last job, so not sure what time that'll be. Oh, and on Monday or Tuesday the original hottie might be coming over again :):):) 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    So, end of month checks have been done and I have £15 left over, very happy with this as I have bought trainers this month and didn't have to dip into my savings for them. I have cashed out £51 from prolific which will go into my Gas/Electric overpayments pot, again very happy with that.