IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PCN received over 2 months after incident

Options

Comments

• jost
    jost Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    I suggest the third paragraph of that PoPLA appeal be reduced drastically to something like:

I reject this as I was not the driver. I have an email of my ticket reservation to prove I was on the train and was not the driver.

And embed a picture of that email into your appeal pdf. Look at some of the other fully illustrated pdf PoPLA appeals linked from the third post of the NEWBIES thread.

Your point 6) can be copied directly from the third post of the NEWBIES thread.
    Thanks will do this in the morning.
  • jost
    First Post
    Options
    Hi again,
    Below are the photos taken today. 
    Can anyone give any info on the British Car Parking para mentioned in my previous post, re 7mths? I am worried they have a way out to not comply with issuing in 14days. 

• jost
    First Post
    Options
    Meant to say British parking Association
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 April 2020 at 10:01PM
    Options
    Can anyone give any info on the British Car Parking para mentioned in my previous post, re 7mths? I am worried they have a way out to not comply with issuing in 14days. 
    They only have to comply with the 14 day rule (for ANPR camera capture) if they want to hold the keeper liable. They have up to 7 months to access data if they wish only to pursue the driver. 

Unless you give them the identity of the driver, they only know who the keeper is. Do the math!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • jost
    First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    They only have to comply with the 14 day rule (for ANPR camera capture) if they want to hold the keeper liable. They have up to 7 months to access data if they wish only to pursue the driver. 

Unless you give them the identity of the driver, they only know who the keeper is. Do the math!
    OK, right, thanks. Will continue preparing my letter then.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2020 at 9:07AM
    Options
    Those terms and conditions are ludicrously long.  Surely no-one in their right mind would read them, especially in the rain, even if they could, the print is minute.  If ever there was a case of the sign not conforming, this is it

The free parking offered to BB holders re(also in very small print), requires you to register with a website, this surely discriminates against those unable to use computers.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • jost
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks.  The incident also took place in the dark  in January.
    My letter is nearly ready but I have a few other questions now- 
    Have read many posts but not understood exactly- What is a non- POFA and a golden ticket?
    Thanks!
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    jost said:
    Have read many posts but not understood exactly- What is a non- POFA and a golden ticket?
    Thanks!
    You haven't read the NEWBIE sticky properly then.  Go back to it with a cup of tea (other beverages are available) and a plate of biscuits and take you time an read it until it sinks in.  You could also use the forum search function to search for both those things.
  • jost
    First Post
    Options
    Le_Kirk said:
    jost said:
    Thanks!
    You haven't read the NEWBIE sticky properly then.  Go back to it with a cup of tea (other beverages are available) and a plate of biscuits and take you time an read it until it sinks in.  You could also use the forum search function to search for both those things.
    I have read it and many links and still struggling, that's why I'm asking!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport