Morrisons substitutions

124»

Comments

• I've clicked on my order on Morrison's but can't find anything that mentions refund 
  • Zaxian
    Zaxian Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    I also had the same issue - the refund page that doesn't exist - but they do have a form via the "Contact Us" page. Go to https://www.morrisons.com/help/form/contact-us/, choose "Online Shopping" and there's a "I have a substitute that I don't want" option under the "DELIVERY ENQUIRY" heading (second down). That then gives you a form to fill in with subs you don't want, and why. I used it on my last order two weeks ago and had the refund in a couple of days, and will be using it again today having received my email confirmation with four substitutions that I don't want - far more expensive or just something we'd never use or buy. (They did also manage a couple of appropriate subs as well but it's more miss than hit.)

Our local Morrisons has loads of available delivery slots - whereas I normally shop with Tesco who are completely booked up and have been the whole lockdown - and this hassle is presumably why. I've also messaged them via their facebook page to push for a way to turn off substitutions altogether, with no joy.
  • I'm  having same problem, with recieving substitutes that contain allergens that the original item order did not , could not nide said refund button but  i found this on website FAQ;s under 

Online Returns and Refunds

"Currently the only way to request a refund is to please contact customer services on 0345 611 6111.

• Sorry, oncew again with typos corrected, I'm  having same problem, with recieving substitutes that contain allergens that the original item ordered did not , could not find said refund button but i found this on website FAQ;s under 

Online Returns and Refunds

"Currently the only way to request a refund is to please contact customer services on 0345 611 6111.
  • Was considering Morrison's delivery & got a slot as others very hard to get. However after reading the above thread I think that not having a no subs option is very poor & the refund situation is totally crabby.   Thus, my order for a couple of weeks time will ONLY happen if I can't get any Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury's slots before then. At least with them the refunds on subs situation is fair if buying just 1 of each product.
  • Just had a click n collect order with a couple of dubious subs...
    1 - I'd ordered a 750g bag of jersey new potatoes - swapped for a 2.5 kilo bag of maris pipers.. (actually caught that before it was too late and rejected it..)
    2 - I'd ordered 2 packs of shin beef (about 125g each) - saw they'd substituted it with casserole beef, and accepted that, but didn't notice they'd swapped it for 3 500 gram packets (costing over 10 pounds more), 2 of which expire tomorrow!
  • SinDinero
    SinDinero Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 June 2020 at 4:52PM
    TheBanker said:
    I was able to find the request a refund link - but I believe it's only live for the 48 hours after your delivery. I cannot talk you through it as mine has expired now. 
    Rather than legal action, can I suggest you simply make other arrangements to receive your shopping and leave the Morrisons delivery slot for someone who will appreciate it? 

Hi. Are you able to explain where it is?  As I have also followed the Morrisons refund instructions (and my order was delivered less than 12 hours ago) as stated on their website - both on a laptop and phone and the menus they say I should click on don't seem to exist. Thanks.
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    SinDinero said:
    Hi. Are you able to explain where it is?  As I have also followed the Morrisons refund instructions (and my order was delivered less than 12 hours ago) as stated on their website - both on a laptop and phone and the menus they say I should click on don't seem to exist. Thanks.
    Sorry, I did not see your reply as this has been moved to 'Gone Off!' (no idea why).
    I log in, go to My Account, then click Orders. This shows a table of recent orders with a link to a pdf copy of the receipt. The final column is headed 'Refund'. The link to ask for a refund appears here for 48 hours after your delivery. After 48 hours the link disappears. 
    When you click the link, you see a list of all the items, and you use a drop-down box next to the item to say why you want a refund. I did this on Wednesday for an item which arrived damaged and have just had an email confirming the refund has been processed.

But, from another thread it seems there are actually two Morrisons websites and the one you use depends on your postcode. The one that my postcode goes to is the Ocado service, where the food is picked from a warehouse. The other service is where the goods are picked in a store. Maybe if you are using the store based service the procedure is different.

It is interesting as throughout this crisis, Morrisons have delivered my goods with no problems, substitutions have been minimal, sensible and more or less the same price as the original item. Maybe those of us whose deliveries come from the warehouse are receiving a more reliable service than those whose goods are picked in a store?
  • kaykat
    kaykat Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    I am having fun trying to get Morrisons to come and collect the substitutes they sent me. I ordered 6 x 2ltr bottles of Vimto at £1 per bottle equalling  12 ltrs for £6. They substituted 6  packs of 6 x 330ml equalling 10.800mls for.....wait for it.....£18. The driver didnt offer to return the unwanted goods and ive not been acknowledged by Morrisons customer services. I cant get any order info up because the order hasnt been paid. Morrisons are attempting to take money from the account i used but i never put into the account much more than the order should cost. Ive never refused payment, just the amount they keep trying to steal from me. This has been going on since Thursday and ive contacted them again today. Im 65 and disabled living off benifits. What they insist on trying to make me pay is a lot to me. Im waiting for the bailifs next lol (which actually wont surprise me)
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I received a Morrisons home delivery for the first time last week. It's the one from the warehouse, not picked in store. It was a largish shop about £90 and only one substitution which was the large pack of baking spuds replaced by two smaller packs of baking spuds. Might have cost a few pence more but OK with it. However the carrots were BBD the next day and a few items had short dates. Luckily it was mainly items that were going into the freezer as I was stocking up on meat,  so not an issue for me I did complain about one item using the online form found under my orders and was refunded it within a few days.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback