Forum Home » Praise, Vent & Warnings

THG (iwoot) issues, then someone at THG looks at my LinkedIn account...

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

THG (iwoot) issues, then someone at THG looks at my LinkedIn account...

edited 1 April at 2:39PM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
3 replies 221 views
thg_throwawaythg_throwaway Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
edited 1 April at 2:39PM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I'm furious.

I've set up another account on MSE for this as I don't want my real account linked to me personally at THG - especially since they take a very relaxed view re data protection.

I ordered an item from them and after a lot of moving around of promised despatch dates that changed after ordering, I emailed them. I went back and forth over email with them and they didn't help very much. It is what it is - I don't think I'll be in a rush to buy from them in the future.

What's just really angered me now is that I logged into my LinkedIn account, and I can see a 'profile view' from 'Someone at THG'. LinkedIn doesn't show me a name so I can't say who exactly.

I have no professional interaction with THG, and because of the business I'm in, there's no reason at all for anyone in the world of retail to be looking at my LinkedIn account.

It seems like THG staff have been Googling me, or searching for me on LinkedIn. Why? There's no reason at all for this.

I want to complain to THG but it will just go to the same team who searched for me in the past - what good is that going to do?

I don't know what to do here but I'm really angry about it - does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• edited 1 April at 3:24PM
    rawhammeredrawhammered Forumite
    118 posts
    100 Posts
    edited 1 April at 3:24PM
    Perhaps they were bored at work, who knows. Dont think anyone else cares tbh.
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    15.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No law says they cannot google you .
    Bad CS may be but as you are not buying from them again .
  • JReacher1JReacher1 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t really understand what your concern is?  You’ve put yourself on LinkedIn so you can’t dictate who has the right to search your profile and who doesn’t. If you’re that concerned about it delete the profile from LinkedIn. 

What would your complaint to the hut group be? One of their employees has looked at your LinkedIn profile? It will make you come across as a bit unhinged!