Postponed Festival Abroad But Can't Make New Dates

Options
Hi all, I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well.

Myself and 3 others were due to be going to a music festival in Barcelona the first weekend of June - Primavera Sound. We were concerned when they did not make a statement about Covid-19 when most other festivals were but we did assume it would be cancelled and we would get the choice of a refund or move our tickets to next year's dates. However, on Saturday they made a statement saying they are postponing the festival to new dates in August (bank holiday weekend for those in the UK), and our tickets are automatically valid for these new dates.

They have not given any further information about other options, however the other festivals which have postponed have also offered a refund option... 

Firstly, I am really not sure whether it is going to be safe at this time during the summer, especially since Spain is the second worst affected country in the world). Also, we have already booked flights and accommodation for the first dates, and due to uncertainty of the future with jobs and work then it is not possible for us to pay extra for August when it might not even happen?!

I am not sure of my rights and have reached out to the ticketing company already to shed some light on this because they also have only given very vague information. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks so much.

Holly 

Comments

• marieiram
    Options
    Hi Holly
    Unfortunately I don't have an answer to this, but I'd be interested to know how you got on! I'm in the same boat, but with Primavera Porto...

• Januaryjones
    Options
    My daughter has booked a festival in Portugal.  They have now got in touch and said she can sell the ticket or it can be used next year. She cannot afford for them to keep her money.  She did not pay by credit card. Any advice
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Holly, just moving your post over to the Overseas Travel board where you may get more responses.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My daughter has booked a festival in Portugal.  They have now got in touch and said she can sell the ticket or it can be used next year. She cannot afford for them to keep her money.  She did not pay by credit card. Any advice
    If the festival is still running then the offers already made to her will be likely the best offers she will get.

Perhaps watch for news on the festival website as to whether the festival does actually take place. If cancelled she may have other options but sadly not paying with a credit card may rule out some more usual options for non-provision of goods or services.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yup i have advice!

Contact your travel insurance companies im pretty sure you’ll be covered for this.
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure