13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 April 2020 at 10:59PM
    Options
    London50 said: So tell me something I don't know

The first reply to your thread (a few weeks ago now) told you what to expect. Your thread continued on regardless. 
    On the 12th April I reiterated that you wouldn't receive a check.Your thread continued on regardless. 

Now, you've changed the title of your thread and your attitude to all this remains as if these were normal circumstances. 
    I'll leave you to "wait and see"
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    What date does your current gas safety expire?
    These checks are still being done and should be before your current one expires 
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What date does your current gas safety expire?
    These checks are still being done and should be before your current one expires 
     As I stated on an earlier post  13th May {when my one was done last year}.  Our council sets it up to be done 2 months in advance each year {I take it to cover any problems} and have done it this way for more than the 48 years I have been a renter with them so I do understand they  have covered themselves. What has got me is that when the first ononeone was missed I contacted my council and  twice had it confirmed  that the rebook would be done on  16th April,  then to get another no show.
      Despite 2 other posters on here stating theirs have been done the post above yours tries to be an expert claiming ( without any proof] that it will not be done. Personally I do not care when (or if} it gets sorted,all I want is an update so I do not have to keep  moving/dismantling items on the off chance that they will come.
     In the end I know it will be sorted it is just the frustration no one is prepared to keep me informed  hence my vent on this board.
  • London50
    Options
    London50 said: So tell me something I don't know

The first reply to your thread (a few weeks ago now) told you what to expect. Your thread continued on regardless. 
    On the 12th April I reiterated that you wouldn't receive a check.Your thread continued on regardless. 

Now, you've changed the title of your thread and your attitude to all this remains as if these were normal circumstances. 
    I'll leave you to "wait and see"

So you are an expert on what these checkers will or will not do
       At least one poster on here has stated theirs had been done the day before yet you still try to say that mine will not sorry but there is no logic in your comment 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    London50 said:

At least one poster on here has stated theirs had been done the day before yet you still try to say that mine will not sorry but there is no logic in your comment 
    Last word on the subject; 
    "Wait and see" ;)   if the very first response to this thread (not from Moneyineptitude ) is correct. 
    Twice so far your gas check appointments  have been no shows. 
    Seems "logical" enough given the national emergency. 

• luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    They have a legal duty to check your gas every year. 
    I'm out now 
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2020 at 9:03PM
    Options
    FWIW, I think you are right to be annoyed at your council for not showing up, but don't get stressed about it (or anything some folk post - life's too short, just ignore 'em). It's the council/housing association that have a legal duty to get gas safety certificates for their properties, it's not your problem, it's theirs. Unless you are concerned about your gas for any reason, but it was checked within the past year, and your council will eventually get their act together and check it again. Let them turn up and move the stuff then. Or else ask that the engineer phones you when they are on their way.

Also, FWIW, I know someone who has just had their gas safety check carried out in the past week. The engineer also checked another issue while in the house when asked. I don't know if they carry out the checks in advance the same way as your council.
  • London50
    Options
    mac.d said:
    FWIW, I think you are right to be annoyed at your council for not showing up, but don't get stressed about it (or anything some folk post - life's too short, just ignore 'em). It's the council/housing association that have a legal duty to get gas safety certificates for their properties, it's not your problem, it's theirs. Unless you are concerned about your gas for any reason, but it was checked within the past year, and your council will eventually get their act together and check it again. Let them turn up and move the stuff then. Or else ask that the engineer phones you when they are on their way.

Also, FWIW, I know someone who has just had their gas safety check carried out in the past week. The engineer also checked another issue while in the house when asked. I don't know if they carry out the checks in advance the same way as your council.
     Thank you for a sensible and straight forward comment {unlike some} I know that in the end the check will be done and all I wanted to do on here was vent my frustration. I did not plan or want a disagreement with anyone on here but some of the comments I must admit got to me.
      I will do like you say and wait so thanks again :0:smiley:
  • London50
    Options
     Well this afternoon at 2.30 a very nice and understanding gas checker arrived at our property and was quite happy to wait for the 30 mins while I dismantled the bed and removed the items from the areas that were needed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    London50 said:
     Well this afternoon at 2.30 a very nice and understanding gas checker arrived at our property and was quite happy to wait for the 30 mins while I dismantled the bed and removed the items from the areas that were needed.
    Sadly, everyone in this scenario potentially exposed to Covid19  of course. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback