Is there such a thing as a wireless ONLY security camera that just uses a minuscule 'plug-in' 12 vol

Im still looking for 2 security cameras for my house
Considered rechargeable cameras for totally wireless install but whilst they claim to last for months, users report that only last for days and i wont be getting the ladder out every week
Considered "wireless" wifi cameras that plug in, but for some absurd reason know only to themselves, they allllllllllll seem to include a whole mess of wiring including a totally redundant network socket which means to install them you have to make huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge 6 foot diameter holes in your walls that a burglar could crawl through??????????????????????????????????????
AND instead of plugging in this totally redundant wiring loom, they insist on bonded ends to absolutely insist you to demolish your brand new home 
Is there such a thing as a wireless ONLY security camera that just uses a minuscule 'plug-in' 12 volt wire necessary and thus needing a tiny hole and scraps all the redundant excess cable cluster??
{Signature removed by Forum Team - if you are not sure why we have removed your signature please contact the Forum Team}

Replies

• edited 31 March 2020 at 1:08PM
    jiggy2jiggy2 Forumite
    463 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 31 March 2020 at 1:08PM
    Try the Argus 2 Pro - seems to last several weeks on battery. Very recently I now have a small solar charger connected to it - battery is showing as 100% charged for the last 3 days.
  • FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Came across a DIGOO DG-ZXC40 while looking for other "stuff". No idea if it is any good, but it is fairly cheap and does WiFi.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • JackmydadJackmydad Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got one of these
    https://reolink.com/gb/product/argus-2/
    With the solar panel.
    Not the cheapest solution, but it's stayed fully charged through this last Winter, and is working well. 
  • UndervaluedUndervalued Forumite
    7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    GS.. said:
    Im still looking for 2 security cameras for my house
    Considered rechargeable cameras for totally wireless install but whilst they claim to last for months, users report that only last for days and i wont be getting the ladder out every week
    Considered "wireless" wifi cameras that plug in, but for some absurd reason know only to themselves, they allllllllllll seem to include a whole mess of wiring including a totally redundant network socket which means to install them you have to make huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge 6 foot diameter holes in your walls that a burglar could crawl through??????????????????????????????????????
    AND instead of plugging in this totally redundant wiring loom, they insist on bonded ends to absolutely insist you to demolish your brand new home 
    Is there such a thing as a wireless ONLY security camera that just uses a minuscule 'plug-in' 12 volt wire necessary and thus needing a tiny hole and scraps all the redundant excess cable cluster??
    Not exaggerating at all are we!
  • GS..GS.. Forumite
    220 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Thanks but I won't be climbing a ladder every several weeks, hence discarded battery cameras altogether
    jiggy2 said:
    Try the Argus 2 Pro - seems to last several weeks on battery. Very recently I now have a small solar charger connected to it - battery is showing as 100% charged for the last 3 days.

{Signature removed by Forum Team - if you are not sure why we have removed your signature please contact the Forum Team}
  • GS..GS.. Forumite
    220 Posts
    ✭✭
    That's indoor only
    FreeBear said:
    Came across a DIGOO DG-ZXC40 while looking for other "stuff". No idea if it is any good, but it is fairly cheap and does WiFi.

• JackmydadJackmydad Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    GS.. said:
    Thanks but I won't be climbing a ladder every several weeks, hence discarded battery cameras altogether
    jiggy2 said:

As I said, my Argus 2 stayed fully charged through this last Winter with the solar charger.
    I'd assume the Argus 2 Pro would be the same. 
  • GS..GS.. Forumite
    220 Posts
    ✭✭
    Maybe solar powered is the way to go then
  • FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    GS.. said:
    That's indoor only
    FreeBear said:

Claims to be an outdoor security monitor and is sealed to IP66. So reasonably waterproof. But as mentioned, I wasn't looking for a camera, and it isn't a recommendation, just an indicator of what is available.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • rob7475rob7475 Forumite
    543 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've had an arlo camera for a couple of years. Completely wireless and lasts between 3-6 months on a single charge. You can add a solar panel if you want so you shouldn't need to charge it. They're not cheap but well worth it in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides