New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Separation from girlfriend

1 reply 357 views
leeo123leeo123 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
My gf and I have been together for 10 years. We have a 7 and 5 year old together. We bought our house last year.

We spend most of our time arguing. She is very secretive with her own finances, but I share everything. I earn a lot more than her. I’ve had enough of this and feel we should separate. She won’t face this and just walks away when I try and speak to her.

my question is what will end up with the house etc? I’m not too bothered with this, but feel I should get something, as I’ve been earning the majority of the money all these years. I have no problem paying child maintenance. We own the house 50/50. I understand a may not be able to force a sale of the house, but if I were to move out then I couldn’t afford to pay for the house and my life essentials.

any advice,

Replies