Forum Home» Energy» LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

How long will it take for current low oil price to get through to local heating oil price? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

How long will it take for current low oil price to get through to local heating oil price?

13 replies 491 views
2»

Replies

• petestockpetestock Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I was charged 44p by Boilerjuice for an automated order, when their own website was advertising oil at 22p. Can this be legal? I joined their regular buying scheme as they advertised it as "getting the best price at all times" and it cost me £200 extra.
  • edited 25 June at 9:19PM
    greatcrestedgreatcrested Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 June at 9:19PM
    Those auto top-up schemes are aways a rip off.
    The supplier decides when to top up, not you (ie to suit them) and they decide the price.
    You deny yourself the option of shopping around and given how prices vary enourmously, and this week's cheapest supplier can be next week's most expensive, the only advantage is convenience.
    So leave that scheme asap.
    Having said that you could try a complaint to boilerjuice....
    If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link.

• sarbasarba Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    Biomass boilers , has anyone else had a nightmare after having biomass installed. 
    I am interested how anyone else has found the RHI scheme and MCS?
    Does anyones boiler actually work properly and doesn’t cost a fortune to run?