Forum Home » Energy

Baxi solo boiler pump Problerms

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Baxi solo boiler pump Problerms

4 replies 51 views
Rooney01Rooney01 Forumite
2 posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
hi someone can help pls I’ve got baxi solo boiler tank system the pump will come on for 3 seconds then go off but power still stays on ? 

Replies

• jefaz07jefaz07 Forumite
    145 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Power stays onto the pump? 
    If it’s got power and it’s not spinning then it will need replaced. Easy job...providing you have pump valves on that work! 
  • Rooney01Rooney01 Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Tks mate which pump you recommended to buy same one alpha 2 L 15-60 130 ? 
  • edited 29 March at 2:23PM
    matelodavematelodave Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 March at 2:23PM
    It's usually easier to replace like with like and ensure that any settings are matched with the existing one otherwise you could end up with flow problems - not enough or too much and noisy pipework. If it's connectorised then it's gonna be a lot easier to just unplug the old one and plug in the new rather than a possible wiring mod.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • edited 30 March at 7:23AM
    harrys66harrys66 Forumite
    65 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    edited 30 March at 7:23AM
    i have one of these systems, one thing I would be carefull of is assuming the pump is faulty, I would get someone to test by wiring it direct, and see if it still switches off after 3 mins first before changing, it could be other things like....
    1) problem with the controller unit
    2) airpockets/sludge in system, these garvity fed vented systems (I assuming it is) are easily emptied and refilled
    3) issue with boiler sending the off signal to the system
    I'd also check for sludge buildup in the smaller tank in the loft which ill be feeding the central heating system