Long dated passport application

Options
Hi, so I picked up a passport application form last summer with every intention of going home, filling it out, and going back out again all in the same day to get it sent off.
I got as far as filling it out completely, so it has the date of when I picked it up last July on it! I even got new photos done and met with the person who is on the list of people who can countersign for them to do that for me that day too!
Fast forward to today and it's still in my paperwork pile!
Will it still be ok to send off or should the date be recent? Can't find any answers anywhere else. I wouldn't have thought it would matter too much. So long as it's all filled out correctly and I'm not committing any kind of fraud, they may just ask casually why I left it so long if they ask to interview me about my application, right?

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why not just get a new passport application form when the post office re-opens, you cannot use the passport at the moment as the world is on lock down.
    You could even do it on line to save all the paperwork.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Why not just complete the online application process - it's very straightforward ?

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A new passport requires an interview which you will not be getting at  the moment so wait until things are back to normal.
  • smudge56
    smudge56 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
     Your form should be dated within the last month.  Cheapest way is to complete an online application and send your documents to the office designated to you once you have completed your application.  It will be processed but as there are no interviews at the moment you will have to wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure