Virgin Media

Options
Hit with a dilemma....
We're due to move home in 2 weeks and we can't get through to Virgin to change our address to faciliate the move.
Before the pandemic hit, we spoke to them last month and they said to give them a call closer to our move date, so we haven't left it late for a reason, it was on their customer service rep's advice.
We can't get through to them because of their call centre issues at the moment, it's a complete mess right now it seems. Their website says to call them but each time you do you get put on hold for an eternity and then eventually the call is disconnected. It's a shambles.
We need to work from home so having no internet connection would be a big problem. And we can't sign up to another provider as there's no phone line there
and two other providers have told us because of the backlog caused by the current covid crisis, no new phone line installations can be undertaken before June 1st!
Just venting but also wondering if anyone else might be in the same boat and / or had any luck this past week getting hold of them? 

Comments

• Zeerust
    Zeerust Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just venting but also wondering if anyone else might be in the same boat and / or had any luck this past week getting hold of them? 
    Hi,
    I've been trying to get hold of them to pause/cancel my broadband to our second home as we don't know when we will be able to visit. Just to cut costs in these uncertain times. Phoned but was eventually in a queue which seemed to be for ages, then cut out. Have been trying to email them but not sure of which email to use. Thied these but some bounced back ... vmemailmigration@virginmedia.co.uk; email@em.virginmedia.com; info@virginmedia.co.uk; accounts@virginmedia.co.uk; YourOpinion@survey.virginmedia.co.uk; webteam@virginmedia.com; accounts@em.virginmedia.com; info@virginmedia.com

Does anyone have a contact email for cancelling or pausing Virgin broadband?
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You better read this https://hoa.org.uk/2020/03/buying-home-coronavirus/  
    Have you still got removals in place and trades to connect cookers etc?A
    As for Broadband the only solution seems to be to use 4g mobile data such as  Three home broadband on a monthly contract. Others networks are available but you would need to do a post code check on reception and some  home routers seem to be out of stock already
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 March 2020 at 8:53PM
    Options
    cranford said:
    You better read this https://hoa.org.uk/2020/03/buying-home-coronavirus/  
    Have you still got removals in place and trades to connect cookers etc?A
    As for Broadband the only solution seems to be to use 4g mobile data such as  Three home broadband on a monthly contract. Others networks are available but you would need to do a post code check on reception and some  home routers seem to be out of stock already

This says here you can move house
    I do agree with the option of Three as a stop gap.
    OP write to VM.

• MusicalGrandad
    Options
    My contract with VM ends on 2nd of April and the cost is due practically double to £50 for broadband and a phone line that I never use. I tried several times to contact them but was cut off each time after 30-40 minutes; fortunately my mobile phone has unlimited minutes. At the fifth attempt I finally got through and told them I would be leaving them as I could get an unlimited data Broadband connection via a mobile router for less than half their price. The price then magically dropped to £29! but I said it was still too expensive and they acceded to my request. Although I still have the VM connection for a few more days, I don't use it as my current provider gives me at least double the download speed and the upload speed has quadrupled!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure