ARE TONIK ENERGY GOING BROKE? AND HELP.

New Post Advanced Search

ARE TONIK ENERGY GOING BROKE? AND HELP.

1 reply 132 views
DKM2015DKM2015 Forumite
3 posts
Fourth Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
I changed to Tonik via MSE. they were ok until  2019. I changed in Febuary2020. Gave them notice in January and said I wanted my credit balance within 2 weeks of end of contract. They suck you in with one monthly price and increase it after 1 month, therefore you are always at least a month or two in credit. When I phone them, they ignore emails now, they constantly give me excuses and lies. Accounts have not been adjusted since 30/12/2019. They say there is a technical fault and are unable to access accounts. They keep saying they have not received my final readings from my new supplier,which is a lie because the new supplier said they have had them since 28/02/2020. Yet even today they said they could not process my refund as they did not have them. Only after  a second call when challenged did they admit they had received them. When I asked when my money would be refunded, they said they did not know because of a technical fault., What since 30/12/2020.
I checked Companies house and their filing history which stated that they did not know if they would be able to continue trading. 2018 they had a loss of over 18 million and last year the loss was 24 million. Signed off in Feb2020.
Where do I stand if they go bust will I have a chance of getting my money or is it lost. I cant complain to the ombudsman yet as I only filed a complaint with them today due to their lies and stalling tactics. Asked to speak to the MD but even when I gave them his name they daid they did not know if he was their md . When I demanded a final bill they said due to technical problems it would generate a bill for several thousand pound that I would owe them. Sharp practice to say the least.
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF SWITCHING TO TONIK DON'T IF YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS OWE THEM MONEY.

Replies

• edited 26 March at 5:26PM
    HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 March at 5:26PM
    This is the  LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels Forum.

Perhaps posting on the ENERGY forum which covers Gas and Electric would be better?

Just click on the big black ENERGY link above the 2 small blue sub folders.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon