Comments

• stevenbee
    stevenbee Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 March 2020 at 6:26PM
    Options
    calcotti said:
    venison said:
    As I understand it the additional £20 per week will kick in from 12th May.
    That makes sense. The government said the increases would apply from 6th April along with normal uprating. As a result the earliest someone can complete a full assessment period and be paid would indeed be the 12th May. (Not quite the same as headlines implying that everybody on Uc will get a immediate £20/week increase!)
    What about those currently Universal Credit, I get mine on the 6th and 20th of April (each month of course), so in theory I'd see a £40/2 week increase on April 20th?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 March 2020 at 6:31PM
    Options
    stevenbee said: What about those currently Universal Credit, I get mine on the 6th and 20th of April (each month of course), so in theory I'd see a £40/2 week increase on April 20th?
    Not sure how the two monthly payments relate to the assessment period. Do you know what dates your assessment period is? 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • stevenbee
    edited 30 March 2020 at 6:53PM
    Options
    calcotti said:
    stevenbee said: What about those currently Universal Credit, I get mine on the 6th and 20th of April (each month of course), so in theory I'd see a £40/2 week increase on April 20th?
    Not sure how the two monthly payments relate to the assessment period. Do you know what dates your assessment period is? 
    Im just wondering when I would see the increase, Ive been receiving Universal Credit since Feb and past the assessment period, I get my payments on the 6th and 20th. If the rise starts on the 6th of April, I would see an increase on my April 20th payment?
  • calcotti
    edited 30 March 2020 at 7:35PM
    Options
    stevenbee said:
    calcotti said:
    Im just wondering when I would see the increase, Ive been receiving Universal Credit since Feb and past the assessment period, I get my payments on the 6th and 20th. If the rise starts on the 6th of April, I would see an increase on my April 20th payment?
    It depends on when you’re assessment dates are that’s why I asked the question. One thing I am fairly certain of is that you will not see an increase before 20th May, but it may be 6th June.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Maddy189
    Maddy189 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    stevenbee said:
    calcotti said:
    But what is the regular assessment period? (The exact period, shortly before payment, on which your income is assessed.) You can check this in your payments tab online. 
  • stevenbee
    edited 30 March 2020 at 7:54PM
    Options
    Maddy189 said:
    stevenbee said:
    calcotti said:
    But what is the regular assessment period? (The exact period, shortly before payment, on which your income is assessed.) You can check this in your payments tab online. 

The only thing I know is my 5 week assessment period started January and ended early Feb and I have been cleared and receiving full 2 weekly payments here in Scotland since Feb 20th (Then on March 6th and March 20th)
  • stevenbee
    Options
    calcotti said:
    stevenbee said:
    calcotti said:
    It depends on when you’re assessment dates are that’s why I asked the question. One thing I am fairly certain of is that you will not see an increase before 20th May, but it may be 6th June.
    I passed the assessment period early Feb and have been receiving Universal Credit payments since Feb 20th and every 2 weeks since then.
  • Maddy189
    Maddy189 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    There is an assessment period every month. If you go online and visit the payments tab, it will say something like this: 

“Payments 

On 3 April 2020 you will be paid any money you are entitled to.

The amount you get is based on your circumstances from 28 February to 27 March 2020.”

Find out what it says there and tell us. 

• stevenbee
    Options
    Maddy189 said:
    There is an assessment period every month. If you go online and visit the payments tab, it will say something like this: 

“Payments 

On 3 April 2020 you will be paid any money you are entitled to.

The amount you get is based on your circumstances from 28 February to 27 March 2020.”

Find out what it says there and tell us. 

Your next statement will be ready on 2 April 2020. Check again then.

Your monthly amount is paid in 2 parts. On:

• 6 April 2020 you will be paid the first half
    • 20 April 2020 you will be paid the second half

The amount you get is based on your circumstances from 29 February to 30 March 2020.

If your payment falls on a bank holiday or weekend you'll usually get it earlier.

• calcotti
    edited 30 March 2020 at 8:22PM
    Options
    stevenbee said:

Your next statement will be ready on 2 April 2020. Check again then.

Your monthly amount is paid in 2 parts. On:

• 6 April 2020 you will be paid the first half
    • 20 April 2020 you will be paid the second half

The amount you get is based on your circumstances from 29 February to 30 March 2020.

My understanding is that you will first see the rise in your assessment period for 29 April to 30th May. You will therefore not see the increase until your payment on 6th June.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure