New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Ending all listings?

13 replies 460 views
Good morning everyone, hope you are all keeping safe!

Can someone tell me what ending all my listings would mean to my account for the future?
For instance I have 100 % ratings, would this put me right back to when i started as if i was a new seller?

I am not a business and feel for all you people who rely on your shops for an income.  Keep well!

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    65K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure I understand?  You can end your listings and as long as your account is in good standing it will remain that way until you re open. Your feedback numbers for the past year will drop as older feedback drops off and isn’t replaced by new feedback, but the percentage won’t change.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • Daveym79Daveym79 Forumite
    188 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    If your not a business and you havnt actually closed your account then I assume everything stays as it is and you just have to realist as and when you wish to continue. Things would only. Change if you decided to close your account then say wish to reopen at a later date. I am a business and have a shop although I don't sell much on ebay at the moment compared to the last few years so I put my shop on holiday for 3 weeks meaning all sales history remains for when I reopen but during the course just won't accept any orders as my items will be hidden from view. This is one of the benefits of having a shop although I now have to incur the shop charges whilst nothing is available for customers to purchase. 
    65K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveym79 said:
    If your not a business and you havnt actually closed your account then I assume everything stays as it is and you just have to realist as and when you wish to continue. Things would only. Change if you decided to close your account then say wish to reopen at a later date. I am a business and have a shop although I don't sell much on ebay at the moment compared to the last few years so I put my shop on holiday for 3 weeks meaning all sales history remains for when I reopen but during the course just won't accept any orders as my items will be hidden from view. This is one of the benefits of having a shop although I now have to incur the shop charges whilst nothing is available for customers to purchase. 
    The matter of shop fees remaining payable despite business sellers closing shop has been raised with eBay but so far nothing has been announced about addressing this. The official response has only been to defer fees for business sellers, but that just pushes our debts into the future when we may still have no means to pay them. 

Apparently the Government wish to encourage online retail businesses, but how that fits with not going out I’m not sure. Is my trip to a mail centre essential or not? 
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • edited 25 March at 1:55PM
    vacheronvacheron Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 25 March at 1:55PM
    I'm a private seller but and have all of my auctions on "good 'till cancelled". This means I have to close all my listings at least a couple of times per year when I go away on holiday and it has never caused me any problems. 

In light of the current situation I have pushed all my auction dispatch times out to 10 days from the usual 2-3 days to ensure I only have to make at most one trip out every fortnight. 

It also means that I can use this spare time to keep listing all the other stuff I've been meaning to list for ages without having to make any more trips out than are absolutely necessary.

• The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
  • moonpennymoonpenny Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ended all my listings the other day. 
     I decided it wasn't  worth the hastle and will now just wait it out and relist when things improve.
  • DD265DD265 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I ended all mine too. On the one hand, I might miss out on people stuck at home window shopping, but I figured it would be one less thing to worry about.
  • edited 26 March at 11:31AM
    Daveym79Daveym79 Forumite
    188 posts
    edited 26 March at 11:31AM
    I closed my shop earlier this morning so as not to be charged again on next months invoice and also ended all listings. I will start back again fresh in a couple of weeks or whenever everything feels back to some kind of normality.
  • Daveym79Daveym79 Forumite
    188 posts
    just out of interest are ost of you private sellers or are you business and list without a shop? I was always under the impression that only a shop allowed GTC listings and without a shop you could only list at 30 days then the listing would end and so losing any sales history. Is this correct or have ebay changed things for those that sell without a store as I'm debating on whether or not to re-open a shop in a few weeks or just continue without one.
  • moonpennymoonpenny Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am just a private seller so no shop.
    The rules changed ages ago where GTC listings now automatically roll over to the next 30 days (month) if unsold unless you end the listing yourself.
    65K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveym79 said:
    just out of interest are ost of you private sellers or are you business and list without a shop? I was always under the impression that only a shop allowed GTC listings and without a shop you could only list at 30 days then the listing would end and so losing any sales history. Is this correct or have ebay changed things for those that sell without a store as I'm debating on whether or not to re-open a shop in a few weeks or just continue without one.
    As has been said there are no BINs now only GTC regardless of whether seller is a business or private seller and whether or not they have a shop. The rules changed again though to ensure that each cycle is only charged once per billing cycle , so if you pay for your listings you are charged for each re list once each invoice, and if you have included listings with a shop they are only taken from your allowance once each renewal cycle. 
    New to Forum? Guide