New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

List of discounts available for NHS staff

11 replies 557 views
MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
7.5K posts
Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭

None of these are verified, I lifted it from Twitter 
Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

Replies

• MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    7.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    From Arena flowers on twitter

Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • ToxicWombleToxicWomble Forumite
    286 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    This is the list that was published on Thu
  • edited 24 March at 3:49PM
    MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 March at 3:49PM
    Waitrose were giving out beautiful bouquets of flowers this morning.  They were for Mothers Day but were  still good.  
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    41.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, so were M&S. 
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • imasurvivor1973imasurvivor1973 Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    found these on Facebook, i checked Leila are based inEaling

Mango Indian are offering for NHS and key workers and are SE1

• imasurvivor1973imasurvivor1973 Forumite
    3 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie

the Tesco next door to where I live were giving all the NHS staff on Sunday flowers as a thanks.  Such a  nice gesture to see    
  • edited 25 March at 11:27PM
    selina2000selina2000 Forumite
    58 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 25 March at 11:27PM
    I think 99% of the above businesses are currently closed.

However, NHS frontline staff can benefit from a FREE 10 point car check at Halfords during this coronavirus pandemic.

Halfords are remaining open, despite calls by some for them to shut up shop. Halfords have been given clearance by the government to remain open as an essential service.
  • MurphybearMurphybear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m so glad the NHS staff are appreciated and praised publicly 

I’ve seen it from both sides.  I worked as a medical laboratory technician for years and a temp medical secretary many years later.  I have been an inpatient for both elective surgery (knee replacement) and emergency admission for very nasty infection (I believe it was non contagious) and was there a month.

Youll never be able to praise the NHS highly enough for me  o:)
  • krizmrtn86krizmrtn86 Forumite
    27 posts
    10 Posts
    Free razor from Gillette is one I've heard!
  • edited 5 April at 7:04PM
    prc758prc758 Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 5 April at 7:04PM
    We have a fabric and yarn online business we also provide discount for NHS staff via the Bluelight Card. One of our Suppliers King Cole in now offering Free Super Hero Knitting patterns you can customise with colours of Keyworkers uniforms, the free pattern is downloadable and available till end of April 2020 but may be extended. King Cole Free Pattern .Also please don’t forget Hospitals are still accepting premature baby clothes, just contact your local hospital for guidance on delivery etc.  The pattern is available at www.misslavenders.co.uk Regards Donna @ Misslavenders