BT price shot up but is it wise to change now to Talk Talk?

Hi,
Checking through my online banking I discovered my BT broadband had gone up from £28 to £52 with no notification ( apparently the good deal we were on had ended!).
Hubby wants to switch to Talk Talk but I'm a bit concerned with everything going on at the moment whether it would be a nightmare to switch?
Anybody had experience with Talk Talk , general reviews don't seem too bad.?
Many thanks.

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    My own experience of talk talk was that when you need them, you'll be faced with a foreign call centre and repeatedly told the problem is everything else but with them. I wouldn't go back to them if it was free!
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Have you tried talking to BT and negotiating a deal? We only pay £10 p.m. for our internet (but have Line Rental saver too).
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • flashg67 said:
    My own experience of talk talk was that when you need them, you'll be faced with a foreign call centre and repeatedly told the problem is everything else but with them. I wouldn't go back to them if it was free!
    What flashg67 said, plus I have read stories of how talktalk are very slow at releasing your number when you move away from them which generally means you end up with a new number.

I would be happy to switch now, just not to talktalk, have you tried getting a better deal from BT?
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    and when you do either switch or move to a new deal with BT, put a date in your calendar to remind you when any introductory offer or deal is about to expire.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OP you are now out of contract with BT and should phone retentions and ask for a deal or you will leave for TT .
  • JGB1955 said:
    Have you tried talking to BT and negotiating a deal? We only pay £10 p.m. for our internet (but have Line Rental saver too).
    That's too much. I have LRS and pay £8/month for Superfast Fibre 2. B)

• ColinD1
    ColinD1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If you join TalkTalk you may have problems leaving or at least you may leave but they still expect you to pay. They say they are still providing your service even if you have upgrade to fibre to the cabinet and are receiving bills. They close down complaints without telling. Keep you on the phone for an hour and then ask you to prove you have moved. Then continue to send you threatening emails for the bill you have stopped them from "stealing" from your bank by cancelling your direct debit. Just had another (second today) threatening request for payment. I don't know if I am alone, but I will post with links to Ofcom to attempt to register if this is a widespread problem. They have been fined heavily for this in the past
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I was about to reply with comparison of deals until I realised that this was yet another thread that ColinD1 has bumped with his spam of almost the same info.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure