Ryanair Refund Problems

More Ryanair woes. I received emails telling me my flights were cancelled. Amazingly I received refunds on one of the flights (although I haven't checked my bank yet!) The other one, I received a refund on the baggage (!!) but not both outward and return flights to and from Vilnius FR2836 from Vilnius to Tel Aviv on 08May20 FR2837 from Tel Aviv to Vilnius on 11May20. Now my whole booking has disappeared from their website. I suspect all this of being a deliberate policy of Ryanair - we are overloaded so we get to fraudulently pocket your money (basically cancelling the flight and keeping the money = theft) and then get a huge bail out from the government to keep as well. 

Comments

• eric4395
    eric4395 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My  return flight to palma  in March has finally come up cancelled with Ryanair on the app and website in my bookings. and they invite you to claim a refund and fill in an online form. Everything looks fine till the final click comes up and says due to putting the wrong reservation code in it has not been successful. However it is definetly the right reservation number. Anyone else getting this problem and is it possible to phone or email Ryanair customer services. 
  • bigfer
    bigfer Posts: 319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    the invalid reservation code on the refund screen seems to be the norm. there is a thread on tripadvisor which is well populated although someone said they would be sending out a new email with correct link soon......if you believe that.
    took me months to get refund from these sharks following a cancelled flight from pisa a couple of years ago, ended up using a third party. i suggest just take some screenshots and keep a log of when you have tried. if they do go bust you may be lucky with your credit card, i was when monach went.
    one the positive side i was glad i walked off the flight to tenerife lasy week. i guess those unlucky people have had a rotten holiday and are struggling to now get home.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2020 at 4:54PM
    I've read a lot of the posts here about this.  I've just managed to do it first time without issue.

I haven't received a flight cancellation email from Ryanair yet.  I just noticed on the app that the flight had been cancelled.

I logged into the booking on their website, clicked Get A Refund, went through the steps on the form and it submitted first time.
  • ypudding
    ypudding Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've tried 20 times now and every time I click the last tab "submit your refund application" I get the message "Unable to process your application at this time". No doubt they will claim their system was busy due to the current high demand, however I'm on night shifts so will be trying throughout the early morning to make this claim. I've finished with Ryanair, I don't care if they are half price in future they will never get my business again.
  • ypudding
    ypudding Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    What can be done IF their online refund facilities don't work and your unable to get the refund?
  • eric4395 said:
    My  return flight to palma  in March has finally come up cancelled with Ryanair on the app and website in my bookings. and they invite you to claim a refund and fill in an online form. Everything looks fine till the final click comes up and says due to putting the wrong reservation code in it has not been successful. However it is definetly the right reservation number. Anyone else getting this problem and is it possible to phone or email Ryanair customer services. 
    I Have the same problem.When I enter the code another code comes up enter that code another comes up. etc etc
  • Has anybody actually received their refund yet?
  • Not yet - form submitted 21st March and have had 2 emails saying there are delays.
  • ypudding said:
    What can be done IF their online refund facilities don't work and your unable to get the refund?
    I guess eventually you could make a claim via ATOL
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ATOL? Ryanair are not ATOL protected!  ATOL is for package holidays, which Ryanair don't sell!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure