New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Trading212 stocks & shares ISA

edited 19 March at 7:36PM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
2 replies 85 views
moneysaver2xmoneysaver2x Forumite
18 posts
First Post
edited 19 March at 7:36PM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Hello,
Is it possible to withdraw funds at any time from trading 212's stocks and shares ISA, or are client's required to leave all funds for 12 months? (i.e. does it work like a fixed term cash ISA where withdrawals are not allowed until maturation)? thanks.

Replies

• bowlhead99bowlhead99 Forumite
    11K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Post of the Month
    ✭✭✭✭✭
     frommoneysaver2x said:
     are client's required to leave all funds for 12 months?
    No they are not.
     (i.e. does it work like a fixed term cash ISA where withdrawals are not allowed until maturation)? 

It is not a fixed term cash ISA - it is a variable return investment product. If you want to get your hands on the value of whatever you bought inside the ISA, and there is sufficient liquidity in the market for you to be able to sell it to someone, and Trading212 are still in business, then you will be able to sell your assets whenever you like, and cash out.

• AlexlandAlexland Forumite
    6.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixed term cash ISAs do allow withdrawals however a penalty may apply.

I thought the general idea with Trading 212 was that they would encourage you to gamble all your money away such that withdrawing money becomes an unlikely outcome.