Qatar Airways delay compensation

simon_eatonsimon_eaton Forumite
3 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi,
I recently travelled from Manchester to Bangkok via Doha with Qatar Airways (all under one booking). My flight from Manchester to Doha was delayed by about 3 hours due to "technical difficulties"  which resulted in me missing my connection to Bangkok. Qatar Airways put me on a later flight from Doha but we didn't arrive in Bangkok until approximately 10 hours later than we were originally supposed to.

I've therefore started a claim against the airline via Resolver. If I am eligible for any compensation will this be calculated based on the delay getting to Doha or the delay getting to Bangkok? I have read elsewhere that claims are determined based on the delay in reaching your FINAL destination (which I take as being Bangkok in my situation) but I haven't been able to verify this. I am not taking for granted that I am due anything at all, but just wondered how successful claims are calculated in this kind of event.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Replies

• Alan_BowenAlan_Bowen Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the delay is more than 3 hours then it doesn't matter which destination is used as the amount due will be the same in your case, 600 Euros each. Put your flight details into EU Claim and see whether they confirm there is a claim, not every delay justifies compensation
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals