Thomas Cook

Deebz65Deebz65 Forumite
3 Posts
First Post
MoneySaving Newbie
Are there anyone else still awaiting payment from Thomas Cook. My daughter was due to fly out with Thomas Cook October 2019 with a friend and family, the  money was paid in December 2018. We were told they were refunding in January 2020, now they say they are not sure when they will be refunding. 
We cannot claim through the bank nor ATOL  as it is over 120 days. 
We are not sure what else to do? 

Replies

• Alan_BowenAlan_Bowen Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who are you expecting the money from? Thomas Cook won't be issuing refunds, why can you not claim through the ATOL scheme?
  • Deebz65Deebz65 Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    My daughters friends dad booked the trip fro him and his wife, my daughter and his daughter. The were travelling out with Thomas Cook and returning with another airline.  We have both contacted the lastminute.com who say they are still pursuing the refunds.  He says the flights were not insured through ATOL. He has tried to get a refund through his bank and they said he has to await lastminute.com to claim through the civil aviation authority? 
  • Alan_BowenAlan_Bowen Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure that is the case, in most cases,online agents were paying for flights using their own credit cards and they then made claims against their own bank.Only the person who booked can pursue this but if last-minute is not refunding, suggest the person who booked claims through their credit card on the basis that last minute has failed to refund. If it was a flight only booking, Thomas Cook's did not protect them through the ATOL scheme at all so there is no involvement with the CAA and ATOL
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals