Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Tricked into removal of credit via AP

edited 15 March 2020 at 11:48AM in Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards
4 replies 311 views
Matt1892Matt1892 Forumite
7 Posts
Fourth Anniversary First Post
Hi. 
I’d be happy if somebody could point me how to move forward with the below. 

I contacted HSBC at the beginning of February and explained I was struggling to reduce the balance of the credit card due to the amount of interest being charged on the card.  

Balance: £6,300
Interest; £110 pm
MP: £170 pm 

The lady discussed on the phone if my finances are tight with they are I went through an expenses and expenditure which she said they could free the interest and I could re-pay £120 a month but would face demand to pay letters as I wouldn’t be making the minimum (odd?). She explained this would be for a 6 month period and the card would be inactive in this time. She seemed like a new member of staff as I could hear somebody explaining in the background. 

After coming off the phone I was happy with agreement as I could reduce the capital by £160 a month putting myself in a better position in 6 months time (balance transfer etc). 

However on Friday I contacted HSBC to explain I needed use of the card this month because I made a payment to wrong the CC via faster payment on my online banking (2 VISA CC on my PAYES) I was 99% sure they would say no which they did but my shock they explained they not just for the 6 months I wouldn’t have access to the card but for the whole duration going forward I would never have access to the balance on my card ever again! They were very quick to offer me £100 compensation which I said can I speak to manager. The manager explained this is the process and it is now I owe them 6000 technically a loan which after 6 months I’m going to be getting charged 21.%! 

The manager said he would send me a cheque of £100 out in the post and close the case as they’re is anything to answer however there is a lot to answer Ive been complety  misinformed. He said he would raise the complaint aswel as sending good will gesture to which my disgust I received a letter of them yesterday saying the case is closed and refer to finical ombudsmen if I am not happy. 

We’re do I go now? Can anybody help :(

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc