Pip Tribunal Won

Options
I recently won my pip tribunal, getting standard rate daily living. I understand this is backdated to the date of my claim. 
I am also on income support, which I believe I am also entitled to a disability premium for? 
Does anyone know if this also gets backdated to the date of my original pip claim? 
TIA

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
     It does unless you were transferring from DLA to PIP?
  • keeperof3
    Options
    no I wasnt, this was a new pip application

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Single person disability premium is £34.35 per week. Couples rate is £48.95 per week.

If you live alone (no other adults over the age of 18) or you're classed as living alone. If you live with a partner then your partner must also be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care then you'll qualify for the Severe Disability Premium (SDP) Providing no one claims carers allowance of the carers element of universal Credit for looking after you. This pays £65.85 per week (single person) £131.70 (couples rate). It can also be backdated to the start of your PIP award providing all the criteria applied at the time. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium Once your PIP award is in payment to claim this you need to ring Income Support and ask to claim the SDP over the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure