Lufthansa made a wrong booking and we were not able to check in

medisamedisa Forumite
1 Post
MoneySaving Newbie

Our flight was cancelled due to bad weather from Sarajevo in December (Bosnia and Hercegovina). I rung Lufthansa and spoken with them for 40 min. They have told me that the flight for next day was auto booked for us with Austrian airlines but we can be rerouted elsewhere if we do wish. I told them yes if that is a possibility. They have rerouted us from Zagreb (Croatia) for the next day and have advised that over the phone that they will cancel our auto booked flight, and that we are to make our own way to Zagreb, stay overnight in a hotel (they will pay for this) and that our flight from Zagreb is in the morning. They said that we should receive tickets confirmation via email in 5 min which we did! But when we arrived the next morning at Zagreb airport, our ticket confirmation wasn't valid and checking desk were not able to check us in. Since there is no ground staff for Lufthansa or Austrian airline, we were advised to ring them to sort this out. Unfortunately, ever 2 phone calls with Lufthansa customer service, we were not able to sort our situation out. What it seems is that at their end there was an error. Their customer service team didn’t cancel our auto booked flight and therefore didn’t process our rerouting correctly (even though we received tickets confirmation email) and they kept saying our flight is from Sarajevo.   We were left stranded at Zagreb airport and had to pay 1000K for our flights home back to Manchester.

Complaint with Lufthansa and Austrian airlines got us nowhere.  They are totally ignoring the fact that they rerouted us from Zagreb and are saying we had valid tickets for the next day to fly from Sarajevo. This is ridiculous since they rerouted us.  In addition to this, even that flight from Sarajevo was cancelled the next day!

We have lost so much time and money over this and don’t know what else do to. Have also written to SOP but that was couple of month ago and heard nothing since.  I can’t understand how they can get away with this? Totally ignoring the error on their part and despite that we have provided them with phone calls and confirmed travel email confirmation for our rerouting they are doing nothing for this.

What else can we do?!

Best regards

Medisa

Replies

• Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    medisa said:

Our flight was cancelled due to bad weather from Sarajevo in December (Bosnia and Hercegovina). I rung Lufthansa and spoken with them for 40 min. They have told me that the flight for next day was auto booked for us with Austrian airlines but we can be rerouted elsewhere if we do wish. I told them yes if that is a possibility. They have rerouted us from Zagreb (Croatia) for the next day and have advised that over the phone that they will cancel our auto booked flight, and that we are to make our own way to Zagreb, stay overnight in a hotel (they will pay for this) and that our flight from Zagreb is in the morning. They said that we should receive tickets confirmation via email in 5 min which we did! But when we arrived the next morning at Zagreb airport, our ticket confirmation wasn't valid and checking desk were not able to check us in. Since there is no ground staff for Lufthansa or Austrian airline, we were advised to ring them to sort this out. Unfortunately, ever 2 phone calls with Lufthansa customer service, we were not able to sort our situation out. What it seems is that at their end there was an error. Their customer service team didn’t cancel our auto booked flight and therefore didn’t process our rerouting correctly (even though we received tickets confirmation email) and they kept saying our flight is from Sarajevo.   We were left stranded at Zagreb airport and had to pay 1000K for our flights home back to Manchester.

Complaint with Lufthansa and Austrian airlines got us nowhere.  They are totally ignoring the fact that they rerouted us from Zagreb and are saying we had valid tickets for the next day to fly from Sarajevo. This is ridiculous since they rerouted us.  In addition to this, even that flight from Sarajevo was cancelled the next day!

We have lost so much time and money over this and don’t know what else do to. Have also written to SOP but that was couple of month ago and heard nothing since.  I can’t understand how they can get away with this? Totally ignoring the error on their part and despite that we have provided them with phone calls and confirmed travel email confirmation for our rerouting they are doing nothing for this.

What else can we do?!

Best regards

Medisa

I think the best advice would be to give Bott & Co a ring and see what they say. They will charge approx 30% if they take it on.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals