Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flights, Currency & Car Hire

Flybe collapses into administration and cancels all flights - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search

Flybe collapses into administration and cancels all flights - MSE News

15 replies 556 views
MSE_NaomiMSE_Naomi MSE Staff
452 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
UK airline Flybe has collapsed into administration and all its flights have been cancelled with immediate effect. If you have Flybe flights booked, we've full help on what you can do and how you can try and get a refund...

Read the full story:

'Flybe collapses into administration and cancels all flights

OfficialStampgif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• edited 5 March at 7:41PM
    securityguysecurityguy Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 March at 7:41PM
    (deleted )
  • dorksdorks Forumite
    199 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hoping somebody can help me. I'm on a code share booking through air France that uses flybe. Is air France obligated to find me another flight now?
  • edited 5 March at 10:49PM
    bagand96bagand96 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 March at 10:49PM
    dorks said:
    Hoping somebody can help me. I'm on a code share booking through air France that uses flybe. Is air France obligated to find me another flight now?
    Short answer is yes. Either an alternative route or a refund. 

At some airports Air France and flybe both operated and codeshared. In that case they can hopefully move you to an Air France operated flight.

The difficulty comes at other airports where Air France does not operate at all and just sold seats on flybe. In this case they won't be able to offer your route. So it will be alternate airport or refund. 
  • BobBanditBobBandit Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Can anyone help please. If a Flybe flight booked as part of a package holiday by a Travel Agent has been cancelled due to Flybe's administration do you have a right to demand a full holiday refund  from the Travel Agent rather than accept an offer of a rearranged flight from a different airport ?
  • Alan_BowenAlan_Bowen Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have an ATOL Certificate showing you have a package holiday the answer is 'yes' you should be offered a refund if the alternative flights are inconvenient for you, but unless they are, why would you want to lose your holiday?
  • BobBanditBobBandit Forumite
    2 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thank you the flights and airport are not what we wish for, and we would rather have a refund and book again later. However I am being told that a refund is not an option if an alternative flight has been offered. This does not seem to be legally correct as our original contract was for a given departure point and time and this cannot in my view be changed unilaterally without our consent.
  • TopofthehillTopofthehill Forumite
    3 posts
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I had two flights booked with Flybe which i paid for on my M&S credit card. The forms supplied by M&S for a claim state that I must try and make contact with Flybe for a refund before submitting a Section 75 claim and provide evidence I have done so. How do I go about this. I presume there is no point trying to contact Flybe through the usual channels.
    Thanks
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Topofthehill I would think that is a standard and generic form for registering disputes. The collapse of FlyBe was widely reported. I would suggest completing the form and perhaps attaching something from the CAA website about the collapse, or even a press clipping.
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BobBandit. Possibly, possibly not.

You haven’t provide much information to allow us to offer guidance.   Have you looked at the (unspecified) tour operator’s terms and conditions for their definition of (unspecified) departure point and (unspecified) new offered departure point, or the (unspecified) old and new departure times.

Some tour operators may group certain close by airports together as far as changing and alternatives are concerned.  Timing changes are subjective. A significant time change when just a short weekend type break could be deemed unreasonable such as moving a morning flight to a late evening time.  A time change on an hour or so may be deemed reasonable.

• TopofthehillTopofthehill Forumite
    3 posts
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    @Westin thank you. I’ll give it a go