We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Multi fuel burner "exploding" noises

Options
redlady_1
redlady_1 Posts: 1,601 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
I'm after some advice please.  I have a Dovre multi fuel burner and it has always made the odd "exploding" or bang noise from time to time (normally when burning coal & gets VERY hot) however, this has recently increased to most days.  The stove is now being used every day for most of the day.  Should this be something to be concerned about?  It sounds as if it is coming from the back of the stove.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,885 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You say you are using coal.   Whilst many people do, it does have a habit of the dust and vapour combusting.   The greater the soot, the more likely it will happen (so this could be sign that you need the chimney sweep out).   This is also why household coal is not recommended for burners.     You are better off using coal alternatives. Anthracite for example.   

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • redlady_1
    redlady_1 Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 March 2020 at 12:09PM
    Options
    Ok, I am using not house coal but multi fuel which is specifically for burners.  The chimney is swept twice a year.  Its also coming from the back of the burner itself rather than the chimney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure