New Post Advanced Search

Multi fuel burner "exploding" noises

2 replies 73 views
redlady_1redlady_1 Forumite
1.6K posts
Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
I'm after some advice please.  I have a Dovre multi fuel burner and it has always made the odd "exploding" or bang noise from time to time (normally when burning coal & gets VERY hot) however, this has recently increased to most days.  The stove is now being used every day for most of the day.  Should this be something to be concerned about?  It sounds as if it is coming from the back of the stove.

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    102.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You say you are using coal.   Whilst many people do, it does have a habit of the dust and vapour combusting.   The greater the soot, the more likely it will happen (so this could be sign that you need the chimney sweep out).   This is also why household coal is not recommended for burners.     You are better off using coal alternatives. Anthracite for example.   

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • edited 2 March at 12:09PM
    redlady_1redlady_1 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 2 March at 12:09PM
    Ok, I am using not house coal but multi fuel which is specifically for burners.  The chimney is swept twice a year.  Its also coming from the back of the burner itself rather than the chimney