Forum Home» Energy» Water Bills

5 year old final bill from Severn Trent water

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

5 year old final bill from Severn Trent water

1 reply 41 views
CorizzyCorizzy Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
Hi everyone, 
I have looked online and cant really find an answer to my query. 
A couple of weeks ago I spotted on my credit file that a missed/late payment had been logged for ST water.
A couple of days later I received a final bill from them through the post referring to a property I moved out of in October 2015.
When I moved out I did all the usual meter readings to all utility suppliers and gave my new address for final bills.
What with moving house (from the Midlands to Manchester), and starting a new job, I didnt keep track of what was being sorted out in relation to the old property, and I eventually forgot about the water bill.
Now I am being asked to pay a little under £300 to ST water as a final bill from October 2015 (received and dated February 2020)
Are there rules dictating how quickly water companies must issue final bills? 5 years seems a bit of a long time.
Sorry for the long winded post and I appreciate any help. 

Replies