IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Saba parking Ticket and £170 debt! advise please

2»

Replies

• Lozzie2Lozzie2 Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I didn't get a ticket!, I am prepared to pay the original fine, I've told them this...but I appealed as they've charged me 100...and now 170 pounds. 
    I'm not paying 170 pounds. 

I have written to my mp, she has replied this evening and says she will contact Saba immediately and contact the relevant minister to see what legislation is already in place to prevent these occurrences from happening. 

From what I gather on here there are no legislations in place, only proposed. Perhaps she may have some influence? 

• Lozzie2Lozzie2 Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sorry not small claims court, it says prosecuted under a magistrates court 
  • edited 4 March 2020 at 11:05PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2020 at 11:05PM
    Why don't you simply google SABA railway parking moneysavingexpert and read threads about this, and ignore it until it times out after six months, like everyone in the HUNDREDS of other threads exactly the same.  Sadly this forum's search is broken and not fit for purpose any more, so you have to Google it to find threads here (embarrassing but true - the results of searches now are utterly useless and give you 2013 threads and nothing in date order).

Thank goodness you didn't pay the £60.    You'd have been none the wiser about the scam of private parking charges.
    I already told you all of the above last month.

Then this at the weekend:
    They've threatened me yesterday that  if I don't pay within the week theyll hand it over to a solicitor and take me to small claims magistrate court for prosecution. 
    Can, will they do this?! 
    Loz
    Coupon-mad said:
    SABA can't, but the Train Operator could, within six months only. 

I will say it again - your cases is EXACTLY the same as all other SABA ones.  Just ignore it for 6 months till it times out.  SABA can't take it to Mags court, only the TOC can (and that is so rare as to be an infinitesimal risk, such that if it happened then that person would pay at that point to avoid it).

Yes, we know, they are all the same...read some.  NO-ONE PAYS!

No-one here flaps just due to these SABA, ZZPZ and QDR tediously repetitive begging letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    37.8K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lozzie2 said:

yes, that is what SHOULD happen

the TOC should take you to magistrates court within 6 months for a bylaws offence
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 5 March 2020 at 6:30AM
    BrownTroutBrownTrout Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2020 at 6:30AM
    You will get two letters from QDR. Ignore them 
    ZZPS staff have started telling people that "they can pursue it after 6 months (in the county court) following a recent case" when they were asked which case this was they were unable to answer.....
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is most unlikely that the TOC would proceed to court with this.  For a start they are unlikely to get a conviction as this was a very minor human error, and secondly, even if the did win, any fine paid would go to HMG, they would not gey a penny of it.   All they would be likely to receive is the unpaid parking fee, a few pounds at the most. 

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid pass scam robbed grandfather of £25k

He got his money back after MSE intervened

MSE News

20,000 FREE Ideal Home Show tickets

For London, Fri 11 Mar to Sun 27 Mar

MSE Deals