New Post Advanced Search

Frozen account!

5 replies 358 views
I’ve been today all day on the phone with Lloyds , complaint manager , customer service manager , branch manager , etc

my account has been frozen and nobody from that list gave any reason for, they just saying it’s a delay with the account , I’ve got a 6 months old baby which I cannot feed because of this issue , I’ve got rent to pay , car , rent , food , loan ... can anyone tell me usually how long a “ delay “ it will take?

regards , 

daniel 

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    29K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere between an hour and several weeks. It depends on the reason.

Anything suspicious about the way the account has been used?
  • edited 28 February at 8:04PM
    Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 February at 8:04PM
    Have you only got one bank account ?   
    Get another one open ASAP and get your salary paid into it.

There are many threads on this problem  - could be something you bought, paid, received from a mate ………… 

You're wasting your time telephoning or visiting branch ……..   

PS I see you are struggling to find the right forum  - this is not a credit card but a banking issue.

Never pay on an estimated bill
  • edited 14 March at 10:27AM
    2e0arr2e0arr Forumite
    997 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 14 March at 10:27AM
    take your kid to a food bank and get it to start screaming they will give a you a few tins of beans lard and margerine and some pasta.
    Get yourself down to the DWP for an emergency loan to pay for your car and loan make the rent debt wait no one can dump you on the streets immediately especially when you have a hungry kid/ baby. Try to be dramatic on all occasions.
  • PrudentPeterPrudentPeter Forumite
    29 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    The delay will take as long as it takes for the bank to investigate the event that has caused them to be suspicious, unfortunately there's no set time for this. Banks will only freeze accounts when they believe that the account has been used in illegal activity. They are not allowed to keep you informed about the process due to tipping off rules. Best bet would be to open a new account ASAP
  • cymruchriscymruchris Forumite
    1K posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Have you recently made any payments or transfers that didn’t follow your normal pattern? Did you receive any payments recently from a new source? There can be a multitude of reasons why banks suspend accounts to investigate - commonly linked to, but not exclusively, money laundering. Has anything you’ve done recently caused the bank to need to look at your account further ? 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!