New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

plastering - 2 bed flat

edited 27 February at 12:06PM in Is This Quote Fair?
2 replies 191 views
fidgetgreenfidgetgreen Forumite
43 posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
edited 27 February at 12:06PM in Is This Quote Fair?
Hi, I have to get a plasterer in to do some work on my flat and wanted to know if this quote is fair?

Bedroom 1 - 12 x 9, Reskim walls 
Bedroom 2 - 12 x 9, Reskim walls and ceiling
Living room 13 x 9, Plasterboard and skim ceiling and skim patches around the window
Hallway, reskim ceiling and walls
Kitchen, 18 x 9 , reskim 3 walls, plasterboard one wall, patch and skim ceiling. 
£2700 ex vat

Thanks,
S

Replies

• extremeshopper28extremeshopper28 Forumite
    14 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi, did you get a response on this or a cheaper quote? Also where do you live as I am looking for similar work. Many thanks!
  • britishboybritishboy Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I live in Hertfordshire and have used the same plasterer on my last 3 properties. He charges a pretty standard £300 per room and that includes over boarding ceilings if need be.  He works with his son and they finish a room by mid afternoon.  I swear by him, and think his price is pretty reasonable.  Hope this helps.