Vodafone or Virgin fast fibre?

Options
I'm able to leave Sky due to their recent price rise, and Vodafone and Virgin are both a fair bit cheaper. Vodafone works out the equivalent of £18.40/month after a free amazon voucher, and promises average 63Mbps download and minimum 55. Virgin is the equivalent of £20.40/month after cashback and promises average speed of 110Mbps and minimum of 53. Both are 18 month contracts.
I'm currently getting about 50Mbps with Sky, which is fine for the household. There are 3 adults here - we stream plenty of HD video but no 4k yet. Vodafone has the advantage of being cheaper, and I'm guessing as we already have a BT line the switch may be a bit less hassle. Virgin has the advantage of the target speed being faster - no big deal now, but might be handy if we get a 4K TV some time in the next 18 months. The router from Vodafone or Virgin will just be plugged into a Netgear Orbi router - so as long as it works OK as a modem via ethernet, it'll be fine.
What would people go for? £2/month isn't a big deal, but if the Vodafone route is notably less hassle then that would be handy :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport