Reclaim guarantor loans for free

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No. It'll be based on the total redress.
  • My friend has a loan with amigo loan which doesn't seem to be going down. She pays in full on time but the loan amount doesn't get deducted right
  • [Deleted User]
    If it's not going down, then she's paying late, incurring fees or not paying the correct amount.

Chances are though she's just misunderstood the figures.
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes, although it will probably be a lot longer.
  • I acted a guarantor for someone through Amigo loans. My advice is don’t EVER GET INVOLVED as they are ruthless the minute the loan gets behind. They are super aggressive and intimidating.
    I managed to get the loan settled eventually by the person who borrowed the money but Amigo put me through hell.
  • rendez2k
    rendez2k Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just started a process with Reolver for 3 seperate guarantor loans. Wish me luck!
  • Hi
    I was a guarantor for my daughter,  she fell into arrears, I paid it off, she started a claim through a company, Amigo contacted me and offered me the money back so I took it, ( they didn't tell her or the claims company)
    They have now added the monies paid back to me to her account which was clear, she has refused their offer and its gone to the ombudsman, in the meantime they are still chasing her for payment, is there anything she can do until it gets heard by the ombudsman ?
  • ManyWays
    ManyWays Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 March 2021 at 9:38PM
    @Cally71
    Not sure if you have heard but Amigo are trying to set up a Scheme so they pay much lower refunds. An ombudsman case will be passed back to Amigo if the Scheme goes ahead. I don't know what would happen in her complicated situation in the Scheme, but it's not good news that Amigo turned her down before. I suggest she should take debt advice on this. Her local Citizens Advice,
  • mamaden
    mamaden Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    I have been offered compensation from Buddy Loans after submitting a claim. I have accepted & provided my bank details as requested. Does anyone know how long they will take to refund me? Thank you.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,834 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    mamaden said:
    Hi,
    I have been offered compensation from Buddy Loans after submitting a claim. I have accepted & provided my bank details as requested. Does anyone know how long they will take to refund me? Thank you.
    As fast as their company redress policy allows i would expect.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback