How to cancel contract with Carphone Warehouse

Options
Good morning, guys! 
I am looking for advice. I got call from saleperson from Carphone Warehouse about upgrading.I could not talk and asked to send all info to email. After that I found in the evening that he put me for new contract for 24 months. I was so angry and upset about that.They also sent new phone, but I cancelled their delivery. I called many times to talk that person and I contacted the customer service too. They told to wait 4-6 days.But I checked via O2 online today and I saw that they did not change anything.What to do? I contacted to O2 also that time but they told that it's mine problem with Carephone Warehouse. I feel confused because customer servise do not do anything. 

Comments

• nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 February 2020 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Hi,
    My wife had the same experience and subsequently called Carphone Warehouse to cancel the upgrade. The cancellation was never processed, CPW blamed O2, O2 blamed CPW. She was endlessly passed backward and forward between the two.

In the end we managed to get an absolute assurance from two people at CPW that the upgrade had now been cancelled at their end, then we phoned O2 with this information and asked to speak to their complaints team. Again O2 tried to tell us that CPW hadn't cancelled at their end, but they eventually phoned CPW on our behalf and spoke to the same member of staff that we had spoken to. O2 customer service were then able to manually push through the cancellation of the upgrade and the sorry saga was finally resolved.

In summary, contact CPW and get them to confirm that they have cancelled the upgrade, and take the person's name and the exact date the upgrade was cancelled on their system. Then go back to O2, tell them that CPW have categorically confirmed that the upgrade has been cancelled, the ball is now in their court, and keep them on the phone until it is sorted. Don't let them try to push you back to CPW, once CPW have cancelled the upgrade it's O2's problem to sort out.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    next time you get a call like that just hang up..............never ever engage with a cold caller
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure