»

What can I do re cost of holiday - Death of Girlfriends step father.?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

What can I do re cost of holiday - Death of Girlfriends step father.?

5 replies 301 views
My Girlfriend booked a holiday for herself, me (Boyfriend) and another couple.
She also paid for it all on her credit card and we gave her the money (a quarter each)
Unfortunately her step father looks like he may pass away soon and the holiday is in 2 weeks time and naturally she would be too upset to go on holiday if something does happen.
If she isnt going then I wont be going and the other couple possibly would go either.
Ive looked on my insurance and although it states that there is cover if a close family member dies including step parents but understandably it doesnt say step parents of girlfriend.
If her policy is the same i'm guessing she will be covered for her quarter?
Does this mean only she will be covered?
Does the fact that she has paid for it all on her credit card give us any protection?
Any one know where we stand here?

Replies