Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• friolento
    friolento Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 May at 8:04PM
    Options
    Kim_13 said:
    Saffron

I have easily made a transfer to my current account in the past, but this functionality seems to have disappeared; my only option now is an internal transfer. Has anyone successfully transferred to a current account recently? Thinking ahead as the Members’ Month Regular Saver matures next month.

I have a Pay Out option on all my Saffron accounts, incl. on my Regular Saver. This is in addition to the Transfer option

• jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May at 8:09PM
    Options
    I just instruct Saffron to transfer funds from regulars to my Saffron instant access then I transfer out from that, otherwise they convert things to a pointless maturity account which you can't pay into plus it a poopy interest.

Granted it can take Saffron a couple of days to act on messages sent to them but they do get there etc.

It doesn't take long to get money out of my instant access account & into my nominated account.

Ahh product switch, used to do that all the time as they kept bringing out new issues of small saver & obviously I wanted the best rate🤣, eventually they changed small saver so I could actually stick with it.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    This'll be my first time having a Saffron product mature (also product switched the Small Saver several times) so I'm not familiar with their process. Looking at the info on the Small Saver page they send a maturity pack - is this postal or email? Glad I opened the EA last Summer now - requesting an internal transfer via the pack and onwards from there does sound like the better option. 
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 2 May at 9:01PM
    Options
    Kim_13 said:
    This'll be my first time having a Saffron product mature (also product switched the Small Saver several times) so I'm not familiar with their process. Looking at the info on the Small Saver page they send a maturity pack - is this postal or email? Glad I opened the EA last Summer now - requesting an internal transfer via the pack and onwards from there does sound like the better option. 
    I've never had a product mature with them either, I've had my small saver account open since March 2022, it has been switched into a Members RS previously and refreshed on multiple occasions but I've kept the same account number throughout.

Come to think of it I now recall having a similar withdrawals issue to you with one of their EA accounts a while back. I phoned them and they said they hadn't
     verified my nominated account for some reason and this was preventing me making withdrawals online. They apologised and did something quickly at their end and I was able to make withdrawals online a minute later. I'm wondering if this is what's happened in your case?
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May at 10:00PM
    Options
    Kim_13 said:
    Maturity pack is digital as in email/app if you are opted in for that.

You can also give them maturity instructions in app/website on what you want done when things mature.

Maturity is pretty new to the app, you can view the date it's going to mature (if you didn't know/forgot without going back through your documents), give them your maturity instructions, possibly other things.
  • Bigwheels1111
    Bigwheels1111 Posts: 2,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My FD regular saver has not close.
    So got them to manually close it and transfer the cash and close the account.
    Plus give me £1.12.
    9 minute call to get it sorted.
    Plus I get my £3650 5 days early.
    I know I’m a pedantic 4rse.

• liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Usual drill:
    Leeds BS Regular Saver Issue 52 at 5.25% to replace Issue 51 at the same rate but with a new maturity date of 6/5/26.
    Can this be opened in addition to issue 51?
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    liamcov said:
    Usual drill:
    Leeds BS Regular Saver Issue 52 at 5.25% to replace Issue 51 at the same rate but with a new maturity date of 6/5/26.
    Can this be opened in addition to issue 51?
    No it can't.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure