Freeview channel changes

Options
Obviously new channel change has occurred issue being my mum (85) now cant find the channels that have moved because she knows by number rather than channel is there a before and after list or leaflet on the internet 
It pays to challenge

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
     I lost bbc channels and found them from 751 onwards on freeview 
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 February 2020 at 3:46PM
    Options
    I doubt there is such a list plus channels are always changing.  Digital Spy has a forum that discusses Freeview changes so with a bit of sleuthing you could find the information. https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/95804850#Comment_95804850
    The last change was early January which was:
     Channel 50, Sony Movies Christmas, has changed to Sony Movies Classic on #localtv mux
    CBS Justice +1 has been added to COM8 as channel 69
    Channel 83, NOW XMAS, has changed to NOW 80s on COM8
    5STAR+1 has moved from channel 56 to channel 55 on COM8.
    Paramount Network+1 has been added to COM7 as channel 94
    Smithsonian Channel has moved from channel 99 to channel 793 on COM7.
    5USA+1 has moved from channel 57 to channel 56 on COM7.
    5Spike has moved from channel 31 to channel 796 on COM6.
    Smithsonian Channel has been added to COM5 as channel 57
    Paramount Network has moved from channel 54 to channel 31 on COM4 (England).
    5SELECT has moved from channel 55 to channel 54 on COM4 (England).

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    There was a change last Wednesday for those in the northwest. I returned as the pop up box said and lost every bbc channel 
  • molerat
    edited 22 February 2020 at 3:48PM
    Options
    _shel said:
    There was a change last Wednesday for those in the northwest. I returned as the pop up box said and lost every bbc channel 

That was a transmitter update and not a channel change.  Your channels being in the 750 plus range means you are likely receiving them from a different transmitter. A retune should put them back where they belong.  If not you need to unplug the aerial, retune to wipe everything, plug the aerial back in and retune onto a clear system.
    20 Feb 2020 - Liverpool, Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and north Staffordshire. If you lose channels in Liverpool, Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and north Staffordshire, then it’s likely that you need to retune your TV to restore your viewing. The quickest way to get things sorted is to visit our handy retune guides and follow the instructions.To find out how this planned engineering work affects you visit simply enter your postcode and house number for full details.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Done that several times and it's not working any more ideas?
  • molerat
    Options
    Have you retuned with the aerial unplugged ?  If that has failed it may be the aerial is not pointing in the correct direction or it is the wrong type of aerial.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yup with the Ariel out then Again with Ariel back in. After that didn't work I completely reset the tv and retuned still no joy. 
     I've not touched the Ariel but it has been pretty windy so might be that. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So after lots of research I found that winter hill changed from frequency 50 to 32 that's all, I need a new ariel. Wouldn't mind but the one there is only about 4 years old, must've been cowboys. 
  • molerat
    Options
    Have you tried manually tuning CH32 ?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 February 2020 at 9:37PM
    Options
    _shel said:
    So after lots of research I found that winter hill changed from frequency 50 to 32 that's all, I need a new ariel. Wouldn't mind but the one there is only about 4 years old, must've been cowboys. 
    You shouldn't need a new aerial for that.  Just tune in channel 32 as say here:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/work-warning/engineering-works/engineering-work-affecting-television-services-in-the-north-west-of

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure