DRO questions need help :(

So I’m currently going through the process of a DRO however I’m worried over a few things- 
do I need to tell my car insurance people I’m subject to a DRO?

Also I’ve done overtime for 3 months, I’m getting a letter from my employer advising my set hours/hourly rate etc and this months wage slip will
go back to my usual earnings? Do I need to do anything further.
I know this is the right thing I’m just super worried about the process, thanks in advance 

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,647
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Don’t overthink things, you don’t have to tell anyone you are subject to a DRO, why would you have to tell your car insurance ? Lol

Usual earnings are fine, IS knows things fluctuate, as long as your disposable income does not exceed £50 all is rosy.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Re car insurance, prepare yourself that come renewal time the amount of insurers prepared to let you pay monthly will be much less than now. If you can scrape together enough to pay anually in time it'd be much easier
  • Okay, so when my renewal comes up I need to declare it? Is there anything else I should be aware of? I’m super stressed about it all and not sleeping very well- I know it stays on my credit file for 6 years but that is ruined anyway tbh with the debt. My mobile phone contract I was just going to leave? Can anyone who’s been through it tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel? Thank you 
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Not sure you need to declare it as such, unless your asked, but I'd expect they run a credit check(soft probably) which would pick it up.

I've been through a short IVA (6 months), SIM only mobile contracts have never been been an issue, although I suspect you'd struggle to get a handset especially a high end handset. After about a year you can get poor credit credit cards, after 3-5 years none basic current accounts (no overdraft), mortgages also become possible.At 6 year point your starting to be back to normal, what you can get is mostly limited to affordability and a lack of history, not blocked by past
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure