Vodafone Pay Monthly - 30 day cancellation

has anybody had any luck with giving less than 30 days notice? I didn’t realise as my 12 month deal ends on 14 March, and I now see that I should have given 30 days notice. 

My options are:-

1 - Arguing that 30 days is unreasonable in the contract in the first place? I think this is a fair argument. 
2 - Getting a STAC code nearer the date, but it needs to cancel when outside of contract?
3 - any other options?

Any advice appreciated! We all know on here what fun Vodafone are to deal with I am sure
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    1 All mobile contract have a 30 days notice when your contract finishes or it will just carry on as a 30 days contract.
    2 its not a Stac code its a Pac code if you want to keep your number.
    if you don't want to keep it then you will get a different one from your new provider then you ask for a Stac code other then that its Pac.
    3 As soon as you get a Pac code you must use it with-in 30 days or your contract will not finnish and you will have to start all over again.
    Once your Pac goes across to your new provider your contract automatically finnish so you don't have to do anything else. 
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Any attempt to argue that the terms of the contract you agreed to are 'unreasonable' would of course be a complete waste of time.

You might instead find them willing to match the price of whatever deal you intend moving to, if that would be convenient.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • sdduk said:
    1 All mobile contract have a 30 days notice when your contract finishes or it will just carry on as a 30 days contract.
    2 its not a Stac code its a Pac code if you want to keep your number.
    if you don't want to keep it then you will get a different one from your new provider then you ask for a Stac code other then that its Pac.
    3 As soon as you get a Pac code you must use it with-in 30 days or your contract will not finnish and you will have to start all over again.
    Once your Pac goes across to your new provider your contract automatically finnish so you don't have to do anything else. 
    So if I ask for a STAC code nearer the end, I can then avoid this carrying over of the contract?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Have a look at the link it explains everything you need to know.
    https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/switchinginfo.html
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport