Virgin TV package change without notification - breaking their own T&C's?

2»

Comments

• Then the answer is no.

Simple as.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You say your father in law does not have a contract  but normally VM start a new 12 month contract when changes are made. If it was me, if you have not already done, so I would check if online to see any bills and for a possible contract. If the account is not registered then see:
    https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index
  • cappy
    cappy Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The email invoice they sent in November is called a Service Change Receipt, there is no contract start date and nothing in his bills etc to say otherwise. From the PM he's had with them they "issued without an actual expiry date meaning that this allows you to cancel the services without penalty and served more as a purpose to identify the changes in phone line tariff and subsequent TV package" and in a recorded call to them they've told him he is not under any contract.
    Does make me wonder what the further legal issues would have been had they started a new 12 month contract without him being aware?
    They did finally admit they messed up in November "created by an agent not being vigilant when making the change to the package" but what doesn't help is that it took almost two months of back and forth PM's to get this admission and then just to be told it's too late to do anything to revert the change so he's stuck with it! The complaint was escalated but VM never answer the questions he asks and just say they handled it correctly ... makes me think he may have a case for CISAS?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure