13.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
     :D  :D:D
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    26.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed you aren't in a front line ward ruby. We all need a treat but I'm telling myself that sticking with the healthy eating as much as possible can only be good for us. :smile: 

My neck still hurts but definitely improving. I've not been out since Friday as it's hard work and painful holding my head upright so I'm missing out on all the Body Magic of last week. I'll get back to it soon though.

I want to batch cook some swede & carrot mash and some Delia's braised red cabbage this week. Maybe I'll feel like doing one of them today. 

I was thinking earlier that those of us who mainly cook from scratch, batch cook and follow a meal plan (and the shopping list that goes with it) are well placed for the current situation. Planning is one of the key features of SW and that means you don't need to shop very often which cuts down on journeys. :smile: 

Today's EE plan-
    B- NAS grapefruit (F), scrambled eggs, ham (P), HEB toast, HEA milk
    L- lentil and veg soup (P,S), sardines P), beetroot (S)
    D- sausage casserole (P,S,F) with tagliatelle (F)
    Syns- sausages 1, HP sauce 1

It's the baked bean 'cowboy' type of sausage casserole but I'll do my best to get as much Speed as possible in (planning carrots, onions, leeks, courgettes and mushrooms).
  • sarymclarysarymclary Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with the deployment ruby I hope it isn’t too front line. 

Maman glad the neck is slightly improved. Have had similar and it can hang around and be really painful. 
    OH and I are both still feeling a bit under the weather atm. Seems we take one step forward two back again with this CV19. Generally it’s in the right direction though. 

Am thinking I may make a cottage pie for dinner tonight packed with veggies, and can let the mince slow cook all afternoon, so easy to do. Anything requiring much effort isn’t possible right now.  I still have no sense of taste or smell, so it makes no difference to me what I have, so long as it’s filling. 

Stay safe all :)
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    beanielou said:
    Falling inside bubbs  :(
    Please look after yourself 😘😘Have you hurt yourself?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maman said:
    bubbs said:
    Maman, what have you done to your'e neck?
    Don't know if my healthy things will grow 😂 i know my beans will as they are about 7 inches high now and have grown them before :D
    Not really sure. It's pain in the big muscle that goes from base of skull to shoulder. I've had something similar in my back before so I've got medication. I just wish it would go away PDQ. 😞

I am feeling quite slim though. It's almost 5 weeks since I had a meal out and I've had very few extra syns so pleased with that. 😁
    Hope it soon gets better and you are feeling better today?
    Yes i don't feel fat but my neck does 😂😂 hopefully i am imagining it :D
    I had a corker of a brunch but the bloody picture didn't work :( i had, bacon, grilled toms, mushrooms, scrambled egg and beans 😋😋😋 that was about 11.30, then i had a whole honeydew melon about 1 😂 and i am having pilchard salad for tea :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope your neck feels better soon maman.  

Don't worry bubbs, we've just planted some pak choi in our garden trug (no idea where the seeds came from!) and they're sprouting already, so here's hoping we have something I can make a stir fry with in a few weeks.

Going to confess that I did face plant an entire large dairy milk easter egg last night but I blame it on my apprehension about being redeployed at work back to the front line.  Will hopefully find out today which ward I'm going to be on over the weekend and will just have to take it from there.  At least I know I won't have much chance to snack when I'm at work so that should help with the weight loss at least!

Today's plan, which is almost a repeat of yesterday:

B - Branflakes (HEB), skimmed milk (part HEA), clementines
    L - LO chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, shredded beetroot, mixed leaves, pickled onions
    D - Cottage pie (part HEA) with cauliflower, carrots, peas and green beans
    S - mini eggs (8 syns)

Hope you all have a good day!

Hopefully we will both have some nice goodies :D
    Thankyou and all of your colleagues that are going back to work and the NHS in general, we all take it for granted far too often :( 
    Hope you enjoyed face planting  😂 and Easter egg :D i had 10 mini lindt ones :D
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    13.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my telephone consultation with the ENT department today, follow up from my operation and pleased to report that everything is now normal.  Unfortunately they can't discharge me because they actually need to put the 'scope down my throat again to check there's been no damage to my voice box but my voice hasn't changed so am assuming all's OK.  Trouble is it means I've been unable to get medical cover on my travel insurance for next year's holiday which we booked at the end of last year before all this CV19!  Can only get insurance 12 months in advance so had to wait until now to arrange it.  DH is covered for his medical problems but I'm not.  Got to wait until I get the formal discharge from hospital and then amend the policy.  Plain in the butt but at least cancellation is covered provided it isn't due to my medical conditions or CV19!

Denise
  • edited 15 April 2020 at 3:42PM
    bubbsbubbs Forumite
    64.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 April 2020 at 3:42PM
    Afternoon all :smile:
    Can't work out how to multi quote on here :(

Today i collected at social distance of course loads of stuff for the homeless and refuge, on the way back from taking sh work, normally home just after 8, didnt get in till 9.30!  i have been sorting it out as it's being collected later, i told her to make sure the car is empty, there is 8 black bags, baby bath, and a massive box of sanitary products, everyone is sorting out being stuck at home and they remembered i collect for them :smiley:  
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    79.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit battered & bruised bubbs.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to eat!  Server at work was hacked over the weekend, probably won’t be up & running until Tuesday, then the hassle of trying to work out the damage done. Currently cooking a curry so hopefully that will keep me away from temptation.

Hugs Bubbs and glad all clear with you Denise
    A smile costs little but creates much :)