Sky cancellation

Hi
my current sky contract expires on the 18 April. They have told me that I can’t give my 31 days notice until on that date. Surly I can give my notice in 31 days before my end date? 
Thanks

Comments

• Yes, that’s what I did. The 31 days went by and the service expired, now £40 a month better off. :smile:
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Rubbish you can give your notice before for your service to end on that date. 
  • I was told to give it one month before, so I did a month and a week to be sure
    Old enough to know better...........

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    rkyle said:
    Hi
    my current sky contract expires on the 18 April. They have told me that I can’t give my 31 days notice until on that date. Surly I can give my notice in 31 days before my end date? 
    Thanks
    Your minimum term cannot end before the 18th and your notice period cannot end before that date.  Read your T&Cs.
  • You can give your notice to cancel for the end date of your minimum term at any time. If they say you can't then that's purely so they can pass the cancellation on to another agent and put the call down as a retention. You can of course set the cancellation before the end of the minimum term, but then you pay early termination charges.
  • Yes, that’s what I did. The 31 days went by and the service expired, now £40 a month better off. :smile:
    I’ve cancelled and hoping for the same result as you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure