Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

What's the best £1 you've ever spent? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

What's the best £1 you've ever spent?

31 replies 2K views

Replies

• TheITBodTheITBod Forumite
    18 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Give. Us. Froth-er.
    We. Want. Frothhhh-er.
    F-ROTH-E-then an R.
    @MSE_Becky...where yo frother at gurl?
  • MSE_BeckyMSE_Becky MSE Staff
    8 posts
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    MSE Staff
    TheITBod said:
    Give. Us. Froth-er.
    We. Want. Frothhhh-er.
    F-ROTH-E-then an R.
    @MSE_Becky...where yo frother at gurl?
    Hi TheITBod, 

It's great to see you enthusiastic about the frother! Like myself and my colleagues, we've all been high-five-ing at the sheer joy it brings. Anyway, to answer your question, here are four sequenced photos of the frother in action, or should I say in milk  ;)
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
    18 posts
    Oh what a joy! I was starting to think the frother was entirely a fabrication but I am glad to see it in action - much appreciated, @MSE_Becky

And may I say, what a beautiful machine...I hope you cleaned it properly after use...last thing you want is milk protein rotting on your whisk tip and spreading bacteria to your future brews.
  • MSE_BeckyMSE_Becky MSE Staff
    8 posts
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    MSE Staff
    TheITBod said:
    Oh what a joy! I was starting to think the frother was entirely a fabrication but I am glad to see it in action - much appreciated, @MSE_Becky

And may I say, what a beautiful machine...I hope you cleaned it properly after use...last thing you want is milk protein rotting on your whisk tip and spreading bacteria to your future brews.
    Thanks, TheITBod! I've made sure to dip it in the pool before I've let it out to play :)

Better to be on the safe side in frothy town. 
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
  • Humdinger1Humdinger1 Forumite
    320 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    In 1993, I bought a round wooden chopping board for £1.  I still use it most days.  Humdinger x
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    18 posts
    In 1993, I bought a round wooden chopping board for £1.  I still use it most days.  Humdinger x
    Sounds like a good bargain...have you got a picture of the board? if not, can you take one and make it choppy?
    18 posts
    Not a day goes by I don't think about this frother.

Hoping you're keeping it sanitised if it's communally used in the MSE office...there's a bug about atm, @MSE_Becky - can't be too careful.
  • GabiBGabiB Forumite
    276 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    £1 Poundland highlighters, better than my mate’s branded ones
    Be positive!
  • Steve_LSteve_L Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I've just spent 99p on 20 custom printed iron-on clothes labels on a certain online auction site that "must not be named". Factoring in the cost of the blank labels, an envelope and especially postage, even second class, I can't see how they make any profit.
    "Life is much/far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it." Oscar Wilde, in "Vera; or, The Nihilists” (much), then "Lady Windermere's Fan" (far).

• fun4everyonefun4everyone Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the late 90s I spent £1 on a ZX80 (without a box, but with leads) at a car boot sale.  Tested it on getting home and it worked fine.  Couple of years later put it up on ebay and was surprised to get £200 for it!  It was bought by a retro shop who I think boxed it with a manual and sold it on.  Probably could have got more but was well chuffed.  Cool story bro.