New Post Advanced Search

Tonik problems

4 replies 211 views
We signed up and have been paying our bills by direct debit. We were apparently over £100 in credit in November. The next month our live balance show nearly £300 debt. I rang up and they said my reading for initial electricity reading hadn’t been processed by their system so as we had no start point and m we hadn’t paid for our electric. He said they have requested our final reading from our previous supplier however they had rejected the request we are unsure why. At this point the live balance was showing nearly £500. We obviously don’t want to be in this amount of debt as we have been paying our bills. As it is their systems fault are we expected to pay this money? We are getting a phone call in 3 weeks hopefully to say they have sorted it out. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For oil or lpg ??
  • tk47tk47 Forumite
    312 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    JJ_Egan said:
    For oil or lpg ??
    The OP refers to electric.
  • edited 12 February at 11:37AM
    tk47tk47 Forumite
    312 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 12 February at 11:37AM
    Robson13 said:
    We signed up and have been paying our bills by direct debit. We were apparently over £100 in credit in November. The next month our live balance show nearly £300 debt. I rang up and they said my reading for initial electricity reading hadn’t been processed by their system so as we had no start point and m we hadn’t paid for our electric. He said they have requested our final reading from our previous supplier however they had rejected the request we are unsure why. At this point the live balance was showing nearly £500. We obviously don’t want to be in this amount of debt as we have been paying our bills. As it is their systems fault are we expected to pay this money? We are getting a phone call in 3 weeks hopefully to say they have sorted it out. Has anyone else experienced this? 
    If there is an error in the billing, and you have complained, and the supplier has acknowledged that an error exists, presumably they are investigating and will issue a revised bill in due course.

In the meantime, the supplier should not be expecting you to pay, but best check with them, if you have not already, that they have put collection activity on hold pending resolution.
  • SonOfSonOf Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    tk47 said:
    JJ_Egan said:
    For oil or lpg ??
    The OP refers to electric.
    This is the LPG, Oil or alternative fuels section. 
    The op needs to post in the Energy section