» »

Premier parking ticket solihull ice rink

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Premier parking ticket solihull ice rink

5 replies 82 views
kazza4016kazza4016 Forumite
1 posts
MoneySaving Newbie
2017 took my 89 year old mother to her great grandsons birthday been before and blue badge holders were exempt from parking charges, no signs to say anything had changed, displayed her badge as done before.  Received a parking fine demand months later which I ignored as I had not committed an offense. I have had several letters from them and their solicitors and explained what happened although out of the appeal time as my mother had to be taken into care and I was unable to concentrate. The solicitor advised that too late to appeal and that in their opinion there was sufficient signage which there was not. I am unable to use my mother as a witness as she has vascular dementure but my 2 sons and daughter in law can confirm this. I went onto a web site where many disabled people had been fined and all advised not to pay. Should  fill out the court form as they are asking for all my personal details income saving house values etc, I would like my day in court where do I stand.

thanks Karen

Replies

• AlbermarleAlbermarle Forumite
    2.9K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a forum about auto enrolment pensions....
  • zagubovzagubov Forumite
    17.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should maybe start a thread here
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • MallyGirlMallyGirl Forumite, Board Guide
    4.7K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have moved this thread to a more appropriate location 
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-free Wannabe, Loans & Credit Cards boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]
    Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    83.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Should  fill out the court form as they are asking for all my personal details income saving house values etc, I would like my day in court where do I stand.

Same place everyone does.  You are not filling out any forms or giving anyone your income/savings details.

But you do not ignore a court claim.  Do you have an actual claim form N1, if so, what is the issue date?

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Have you read this?

equalityhumanrights.com/en/advice-and-guidance/what-are-reasonable-adjustments

Have they complied?

For how much are they asking?  If they have added an unlawful £60 read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6014081/abuse-of-process-district-judge-tells-bwlegal

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work, and has been known to get the charge cancelled.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.