Bensons for beds complaints

Options
DO NOT shop at bensons for beds. Brought a matress £1600 and a wardrobe just under £500 on the same day. My dad working at alstons gor 30yrs fixing wardobes so he assembled it for us (the shop asked if we want them to put it up for us for £100 n we said no its ok my dad will fix it up n they said ok) worked fine for 3months but doors started getting stuck some days not opening at all n other days the sliding doors getting stuck together n then coming off the track. Then as this was happenig it was putting strain on the sides of the wardrobe so that started to chip and then bow making the wardrobe literally fall to side to side. (Making me very scared with the children in my room) spoke to bensons n they sent someone round in 3 wks to inspect. He walked in n was soooo rude stright away n wouldnt even try and move the doors at all left my house after an argument. So we demanded a second opinion which took another couple of wks to come who told us yes the sides are made to flimsy for the expensive heavy doors. We were told to wait a day n the rwport would be in so they can say how to repair or what parts to replace. Over a wk later report still not in. Jon waits on fone for an hr to get the report saying our fault. We are fuming. He asks to speak to manager who the lady says ill go speak to him comes bk on the fone n say "he sai" to which jon says no i want to speak personaly to him to which she then says you cant hes not in !!!!!! she just completly lied. Im so so angry ive since seen all the reviews on benson n how theyve treat customers and its absolutly disgusting. I want to take the matter to finacial ombudsman but that will mean im without a wardrobe for what could be more more months. This has gone on since oct. Im raging 😡😡😠😠😠😠😠😈😈😈😈😈

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Fascinating.
  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you have a question?
    If you are asking what your consumer rights are it is that the product will be of a satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.
    If you don't think it is you should make a complaint to the retailer.
    You are saying this has gone on since October, do you mean that's when you bought the wardrobe? If so as it is under 6 months it is assumed the fault was there at the time of manufacture unless they can prove otherwise. 
    If you bought it before but the issues started appearing in October you will probably have to get a report explaining the issues.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    But alstons don't make wardrobes....
    Life in the slow lane
  • DAZT84
    Options
    I purchased a bed for my daughter back in February and was on an 8 week delivery. Was advised at the end of March that due to Corona Virus they would be doing no deliveries and we would have to wait until lockdown was over. I spoke to the customer services and said I was within my right to cancel and someone would call me back shortly to arrange refund. That was on 26th March and still no contact from them. I have spoken to the customer service team on several occasions and they have said they're very busy and someone would contact me when they have time.

Where do I go from here? They have £1,000 of my money and I have nothing to show for it. I can't afford to buy another bed until the money has been returned and so far, I just can't get through to anyone that will help.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Send an LBA letter before action ( see google )  may shake them up a bit .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback