Forum Home » Site Feedback

“most recent” no longer available

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

“most recent” no longer available

edited 10 February at 1:34PM in Site Feedback
9 replies 202 views
scottishminniescottishminnie Forumite
3.1K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 10 February at 1:34PM in Site Feedback

So it used to be possible to click on “most recent” and go right to the end of a thread. I, and many others, quite often did this and worked back the way for numerous reasons. Now it’s no longer possible - why? What was a one click process is now several and lots of scrolling. 
Was there really any user input to the new design? 
NO FARMS = NO FOOD

Replies

• _shel_shel Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need most recent. Click new posts it shows all new posts including threads you've read with new posts. Click a thread you get taken to the last post you read. 
    Don't Buy The S*n
  • edited 17 February at 4:11PM
    mgdavidmgdavid Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 February at 4:11PM
    _shel said:
    You don't need most recent. Click new posts it shows all new posts including threads you've read with new posts. Click a thread you get taken to the last post you read. 
    A convoluted way of not doing exactly what scottishminnie wants - or what the old version did with a single click !
    Progress or what?

The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they could easily enough have both options - click thread title for next unread, arrow same place as before to get to last post
  • scottishminniescottishminnie Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    _shel said:
    I don’t necessarily wish to go to the last post I’ve read as that may have been months/weeks ago. I want to go to the last post. It’s not an unreasonable ask.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • drlabmandrlabman Forumite
    255 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I'd assumed it was missing initially but would be added later.  I guess not.  I'd like to see it re-introduced.  Is there somewhere for suggestions/complaints?
    Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and you’ll get rid of him every weekend.
  • mgdavidmgdavid Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    drlabman said:
    I'd assumed it was missing initially but would be added later.  I guess not.  I'd like to see it re-introduced.  Is there somewhere for suggestions/complaints?
    Yes, the right place would be the thread titled 'New Forum Snagging' - but there were so many suggestions / issues / complaints in it that they have closed it! They did say they'd re-open it when they've caught up.

The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • edited 31 March at 8:52PM
    Maffo65Maffo65 Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 31 March at 8:52PM
    BUMP!
    This so unbelievably annoying, particularly when browsing the forums on a mobile phone.
    I don't want to have to click on a thread twice, just to get to the latest post.
    Main reason why I've been mostly away from MSE since the "upgrade".
  • Abbafan1972Abbafan1972 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to go straight to the most recent reply on a thread as well please!
    Winging it since 1972