New Post Advanced Search

British Gas = Puzzled of Somerset

3 replies 41 views
powellctpowellct Forumite
11 posts
Seventh Anniversary
MoneySaving Newbie
Just going through a switch to BG via the energy club, and on the comparisons BG is listed as 100% renewable electricity. However, I've just got my contract (still within the 14 day cooling off period) showing only 56% of it is from renewables. Trying to do my bit, but this is misleading, no?

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    16.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the Oil and LPG sect6ion not gas / elec.
    Complain to CEC .
  • fatewisefatewise Forumite
    36 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    powellct said:
    Just going through a switch to BG via the energy club, and on the comparisons BG is listed as 100% renewable electricity. However, I've just got my contract (still within the 14 day cooling off period) showing only 56% of it is from renewables. Trying to do my bit, but this is misleading, no?
    If you have been provided with incorrect information which has led you to form a wrong impression, then I would say it would be fair to call that misleading.
  • dogshomedogshome Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    In truth, at the present time there is no such thing as 100% renewable energy in the UK, unless that is you have your own hydro plant