»

Claiming VAT from a BFPO delivery.

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Claiming VAT from a BFPO delivery.

1 reply 57 views
willrunciwillrunci
1 posts
Forumite MoneySaving Newbie
Hello, 

Recently ordered an iPad Pro and accessories from JD Williams to a BFPO address in Brunei. They do not refund the VAT but have supplied me with a VAT Receipt, is there a way i can claim this back from HMRC?

Replies

• edited 10 February at 11:39PM
    oldbikeblokeoldbikebloke
    83 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 10 February at 11:39PM
    shame you did not push harder for them to zero rate it in the first place as that is the correct process
    https: //www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/vat-exports-of-goods-from-the-uk/vexp50600

everything i have read says you cannot get a refund for mail order goods after the event 
    To claim a refund (vat refund retail export scheme) you have to export them in person as your own baggage and get paperwork stamped by HMRC at the airport as you pass through it