Forum Home» Energy» LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

Scottish Power keeps rejecting my energy switch to other providers

New Post Advanced Search

Scottish Power keeps rejecting my energy switch to other providers

6 replies 71 views
I have been trying to switch my electricity energy contract away from Scottish Power(standard online) to Eon or Bulb. Scottish power has kept rejecting my switch request when the other service provider sends them my details for a switch. Everytime I have spoken to Scottish Power - they keep telling me that they have not received any request for a switch from any supplier. Initially the supply address on my account just had my street name and no details of my flat number. Scottish power did help to update my supply address 2 months ago but still every switch request since then keeps falling through and I have been unable to switch. I have submitted 4 switch request with Bulb and all of them have fallen through. I submitted one request by Eon energy and that was rejected as well. My account with scottish power has enough funds for next 6months of my usage. It feels frustrated to be stuck with one provider and no one seems to be able to know why switch is not going through. 

What should I do?

Replies

• edited 8 February at 6:18PM
    HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 February at 6:18PM

The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hasbeen said:
    I have been trying to switch my electricity energy contract away from Scottish Power(standard online) to Eon or Bulb. Scottish power has kept rejecting my switch request when the other service provider sends them my details for a switch. Everytime I have spoken to Scottish Power - they keep telling me that they have not received any request for a switch from any supplier. Initially the supply address on my account just had my street name and no details of my flat number. Scottish power did help to update my supply address 2 months ago but still every switch request since then keeps falling through and I have been unable to switch. I have submitted 4 switch request with Bulb and all of them have fallen through. I submitted one request by Eon energy and that was rejected as well. My account with scottish power has enough funds for next 6months of my usage. It feels frustrated to be stuck with one provider and no one seems to be able to know why switch is not going through. 

What should I do?
    You could try posting on the Energy forum rather than the LPG, Heating oil forum? You will get more advice.

The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • SonOfSonOf Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may with to post in the energy section rather than the alternative fuels section (LPG, Oil, wood etc).  You will get more responses in the correct forum.
  • edited 8 February at 6:27PM
    HasbeenHasbeen Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 February at 6:27PM
    yes said that but can you get these quotes better than me on this new format?
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does the 'Who Is My Supplier?' function on your DNO's website say?  If your address doesn't bring up the correct supplier that may give you a clue.
  • edited 12 February at 4:48PM
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_MalcFormer_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 February at 4:48PM

What should I do?
    Hello parimal.lokky and welcome to the Forums.
    Many thanks for your interest in joining us. With switches, all suppliers use national databases that hold details of all energy meters in the country. A discrepancy here can lead to the sort of issue you're having. It seems like the address could still need amending.
    Only the current supplier is allowed to ask for changes to these databases. Please ask Scottish Power to make sure the details on their account match those on the relevant database. Specifically, the meter type and serial number (from the meter itself and not any paperwork). Also, please ask them to check the address matches that used by the Royal Mail.
    As I say, only the current supplier can ask for any changes. Once all has been updated and the details match, please try again whether it's with us or another supplier of your choice.
    Hope this helps point you in the right direction parimal.lokky.
    Malc

Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"