Complete Hash-Up

Second time I've logged in since the new format and what a complete mess it all is, i'm always ready for advancements but this leaves me questioning whether or not it's actually been tested out by someone outside of the team that created it.

The pages are randomly embedded and you're unable to read areas without the text or images being squished into each other, so much so that entire sections of a post aren't even visible.

It doesn't seem logically laid out and its 'random-ness' is all over the page/site, not just confined to a section.

It's horrible, enlist some total outsiders to sit down with the dream-team that masterminded this and make it user-friendly please.

Comments

• staffie1
    staffie1 Posts: 1,965 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Anyone would think you were paying for it!
    If you will the end, you must will the means.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    staffie1 said:
    Anyone would think you were paying for it!
    Well, presumably it's here to attract people to the site...

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    By way of illustration, this is what I get when I login to the site:

There are just 4 links to discussions/threads in the bottom-left 9th of the page; the rest is just frippery.

• I agree, I am not impressed. My 12 year old profile, I changed the password and now it has locked me out saying it doesnt recognise my email. It didnt have a problem for 12 years
    Rita, get your head, off my leg..
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    uBlock Origin (or Adblock Plus) and the following makes the experience much more pleasant. :)

forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.mse-tools-masthead
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.SecondaryPanel
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.MainContent.Content:style(width: 99% !important)
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.Container:style(max-width: 100%  !important)
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com##.MainFooter.Footer
  • This is why I don't come onto the forum anymore …..
  • ……..an image is embedded like this.....

……..and the text is mashed ……..

….and the whole page is the same......

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 15 February 2020 at 12:17PM
    At the start it looked worse than  that for me. I was using IE11 and someone suggested Brave browser - which is a huge improvement and a lot quicker on most sites, though some of the fonts look a bit odd.

For me the old forum worked fine on IE11 and there was no need for change. Even with the new browser this site is now much less functional in  practice.

The main  annoyance is the need to manually bookmark each thread, even those I start! Why is that not done automatically?
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Catsacor said:

Second time I've logged in since the new format and what a complete mess it all is, i'm always ready for advancements but this leaves me questioning whether or not it's actually been tested out by someone outside of the team that created it.

The pages are randomly embedded and you're unable to read areas without the text or images being squished into each other, so much so that entire sections of a post aren't even visible.

It doesn't seem logically laid out and its 'random-ness' is all over the page/site, not just confined to a section.

It's horrible, enlist some total outsiders to sit down with the dream-team that masterminded this and make it user-friendly please.

Yes, it’s a mess. I don’t use it anywhere as often. What with text overlapping, atrocious mobile view and weird text sizes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure